Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Fans trek to Moe and Shemp's graves

Offline falsealarms

Oddly enough, I would want to do something like this.

[youtube=425,350]YA-MXTPjCxM[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]_I1g34ntpf8[/youtube]

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Cemeteries are so peaceful. I heard the birds chirping in the first clip.

100+ years ago, our families used to picnic in cemeteries. My great-great Aunt Lizzie used to tend the flowers and bushes of our 2 mausoleums across the "road" from the Dodge brothers. (Of auto fame). To replace those buildings, it would cost a $1/2 million! Now I am planning to rip the bushes out myself out because some fucking lawyer has stolen the $10,000 trust fund... again! I am pissed!

Homeless now hop the cemetery fence and burn grave blankets against the bronze doors!

An interesting tale told to me by the monument co. owner who was giving me a price on fixing the doors... He walked around the Dodge Brothers mausoleum, and noticed mold growing on the marble. He pointed it out to me. And asked me if I knew why. I guessed it was because it was the North side of the building.

He said mold doesn't grow on stone. It is coffin gas! :p

I know more about death & cemeteries than I can possibly recite. I "inherate" the "Flowers & Flags" duty from Dad.

How about starting a Cemetery/Golf Course? You can visit your Uncle Fred cremains in the 14th bunker. Pour your ex-wife in the 18th hole, and "stick" it to her again as you "putt" into her "hole".

How about the "Memorial Closet of Cremains"? For $25/month, I'll store your loved one for you! :)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 05:27:00 AM by BeAStooge »
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline JazzBill

I like cemeteries too. I have some family buried about 30 yards from this gentleman in Mt. Carmel Cemetery.

[youtube=425,350]kRopK_1jUwM[/youtube]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Neat! I would have thought Al Capone would be in a mausoleum. He had the money!  :D

BTW... Sorry for using inappropriate comments, BeAStooge. Glad you fixed that for me. Just maddenning when you experience that kind of damage, and the cemetery owner is a lawyer in another state who has the Attorney General of MI chasing him around for pilfering millions in perpetual care funds. It's at Woodlawn at 8 mile & Woodward in Detroit.

James

Offline JazzBill

All the big time gangsters are buried in Mt. Carmel Cemetery. Al Capone, Hymie Weiss, Sam Giancana, Machine Gun Jack McGurn, Deany O'Banion and a bunch of others. I use the O'Banion marker to find my relatives. Some of these markers and mausoleum's had to cost a fortune.

[youtube=425,350]8HtHB7_wSEo[/youtube]

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
JazzBill. Did you create that video? It's cool. The simple looking granite monuments that "sleep" 10 (2 in the floor, 4 on each side) are about $250,000 a couple years ago. They would be similar to those in your video. The special bronzework on the doors obviously raises the cost.

What a place like the Dodge mausoleum costs, I have no clue. But if you buy one, get better venting to the outdoors! If you remember Rosa Parks, she is interred in the cemetery's mausoleum, not a family one.

I should post the picture of the cleaning girl outside one of the mausoleums I took down their to help clean them up. My God, walking into the one building was like walking through women's fishnet stockings! The spider webs were so thick after 50 years! I took her, a generator, a vacuum cleaner, buckets, mops, etc., and just totally made the inside of those mausoleums sparkle. My father was shocked at the difference.

Probably more shocked was the family that was having services on the other side of the hill, as I was running a 5000w generator, shop-vac, and stereo of my old 2000 Silverado! I felt like such an asswipe when I finally powered down and heard their services!

James

PS. This is the guy who stole the first trust fund...

Oakland County news briefs
January 26, 2007

BLOOMFIELD HILLS: Attorney's assets frozen by state

Bank assets of a Bloomfield Hills attorney -- who previously owned 28 Michigan cemeteries suspected of mismanagement -- have been frozen at the request of Attorney General Mike Cox, the Attorney General's Office announced Thursday.

Cox said in a statement that the action against Craig Bush, which was approved Wednesday by Ingham County Circuit Judge James Giddings, is part of the state's attempt to recoup cemetery money that may have been inappropriately diverted from trust accounts.

Bush sold the cemeteries for $31 million to a company controlled by Oklahoma investor Clayton Smart, Cox said. The frozen accounts contain $22 million in assets, he said.

A hearing on the issue is scheduled for Feb. 2 before Giddings.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007701260395

Offline JazzBill

No, I didn't make the video. Who ever did it, did a good job. They showed everything that I would . The Capone marker still gives me the chills. Someone put all the tree's and bushes around it, to hide it from view. Just like the cameraman in the video did, you have to walk up to it to see what it says.
It's also ironic that some of these guy's were mortal enemies in real life, but now they are buried next to each other.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
OK... She's not a "looker", but she was "cheap"  :D

Who else would clean a couple mausoleums? For $50? She scrubbed the ceilings! I held the ladder. Looking at her pooty!  >:D

James

Offline JazzBill

I'm a little curious. What do you do for a living that has you cleaning mausoleums and hanging around in
graveyards ?

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
I'm a little curious. What do you do for a living that has you cleaning mausoleums and hanging around in
graveyards ?

Well, at that time I was an unemployed mainframe computer programmer. The mausoleums that we cleaned belong to my family.

Michigan's economy blows. And at the time I was considering a switch into either the cemetery business or mortuary science. I started taking classes for the latter. Those people make "KING COIN"! And I only needed about 1.5 years of classes.

With the "baby-boomers" getting ready to go...  ;D

Anyway, I was helping my father investigate how to fix the damage on the bronze doors, and was just disgusted by how filthy our mausoleums were. So, I cleaned them. As you can see from the color of the water in the bucket, we turned 3 buckets of water "black" with the dirt per building.

I got quite an education that summer!  :o

Now I am an employed programmer... but I inherit the "flowers & flags" duty from my father when he dies. My brother and sister won't do it.

James