Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

December 8 - Pearl Harbor Day

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
As a marker to my birthday, I'll let you-ins in on a sometimes overlooked fact about the December 7th strike on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese forces in 1941 ...
The Japanese "High Command" had ACTUALLY planned their strike on Pearl Harbor to commence on December 8, and even launched the strike force on that day, but since the force had to cross the International Dateline in order to reach Pearl Harbor, the actual strike occured on December 7th.

I was forced to to be a curmudgeon about it when at lunch today, I saw a few flags being flown at half-mast, and wondered if they would be flown that way on the 8th as well.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Happy 65th Birthday Giff me dat fill-em! :laugh:

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Okay, crabapple ...
I was only making reference to December 8th .. NOT 1941 ... (nyuk-nyuk-nyuk ... [SLAP!] OOoohhh!!)
(reaches with arthritic pain for the jello-on-a-lettuce-leaf)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Okay, crabapple ...
I was only making reference to December 8th .. NOT 1941 ... (nyuk-nyuk-nyuk ... [SLAP!] OOoohhh!!)
(reaches with arthritic pain for the jello-on-a-lettuce-leaf)

:laugh: I saw it was 49... "but couldn't resist meself! I don't know what came over me. Everytime I hear that weasel tune..."  :laugh:

I'm not far behind you. In March it'll be 45... or about halfway to dead in our family. Can you all put up with me for another 45 years?

Me neither!

James

PS. Shit... I just realized my mother's side goes at 60-65! Will Sony put out the DVD collection by then?
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!