Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

A good sign for Stooge DVDs?

Offline falsealarms

Threestooges.com have sliced prices on the DVDs from $27.95 to $19.99 - perhaps a sign they are trying to clear out inventory in preparation of comprehensive DVD sets next year? Of course, $19.99 still isn't a good deal. You can get them two bucks cheaper than that at Amazon, and five to six bucks cheaper at dvdempire.com and deepdiscountdvd.com.

Curley91

I sure hope that this will turn out to be a good sign. 

The only place I have seen "Stooges On The Run" so far is at Sam's Club.  It still cost a whopping $17.99

xraffle

The only place I have seen "Stooges On The Run" so far is at Sam's Club.  It still cost a whopping $17.99

I didn't realize that very few stores carry that DVD because I never even bothered to look for it since I have no intention buying it. It's probably because these stooge DVDs don't sell well. So stores don't bother to purchase them. Funny how Sony never gets the message. When will they ever learn?

Curley91

Offline brettpenn3

Is there any DVD of all the stooges shorts and if not all atleast all of Curlys?
And if there isnt is there anyone set to come out soon?

Offline JazzBill

Read a few of the posts above yours, they may help you...
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Is there any DVD of all the Stooges' shorts and if not all at least all of Curly's?

Nope. What is on available on DVD is listed in this site's Videography section.

Is there any one set to come out soon?

Possibly, beginning in late 2007...
http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=1075.msg6881#msg6881

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
Threestooges.com have sliced prices on the DVDs from $27.95 to $19.99 - perhaps a sign they are trying to clear out inventory in preparation of comprehensive DVD sets next year? Of course, $19.99 still isn't a good deal. You can get them two bucks cheaper than that at Amazon, and five to six bucks cheaper at dvdempire.com and deepdiscountdvd.com.
I noticed that when I got their latest catalog last week. I'm on their mailing list because I placed an order at SoitenlyStooges a long time ago, then cancelled it when I realized how ridiculous their prices were! My guess is that many others have done just that, so they had no choice but to lower their prices. Why should anyone have to pay the highest price possible when ordering directly from the source? Without the "middleman", their DVDs should be the LEAST expensive!!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!