Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Wish Me Luck!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
As a few of you here may know, I'm a culinary school graduate and an aspiring chef by trade. You may also be aware that The Food Network is beginning it's third season of "The Next Food Network Star" and is requesting ordinary folks like me to send in audition tapes for them to choose a pool of finalists for filming in the summer of 2007. I have decided to "take the plunge" and sent in a tape on Oct. 25 with the standard application stating that anything I send them is "their" property and can use it any way they see fit. I have done so, and can only hope that my electric personality and culinary skills will get me to step one of the process - being considered at all for the competition.    [soapbox]   [cool]
(If anyone is interested - I'll keep you posted at this topic of further developments)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Cool!  Good luck, and definitely let us know if you make it. 

The Food Network is my 12-year old nephew's favorite channel.  ;D

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Good luck! When do we get to taste-test the samples?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Good luck, and please keep us posted.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

Good Luck!!!! I don't watch reality shows, but if you make it on this, I'll make this show an exception.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
A critique, if I may:

RELAX! You sound as though you're reading off of cue cards. Cooking shows love Chefs with accents, and your accent isn't overwhelming, you just have to work on your delivery. It needs to have a more natural flow, as if you're having a conversation in private and there isn't a camera documenting your every move. That's a real cool recipe, by the way.

Your daughter must take after your wife, here's hoping none of the grandkids look like you either  :P. Seriously, best of luck Fred; let us know how it works out.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown