Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Stooges by request

Offline Wilson7777

Hi There.

I'm new to these boards, but I was hoping I could get a question answered, but I'm hoping I won't get in trouble for posting this.

I'm trying to get every Stooges short that isn't on DVD yet (har har) off the Internet by way of TV caps or from somewhere else.  I'm not asking to rip dvd's because I have all of them that have been released.  I'm talking about the episodes that haven't. 

I was searching torrents and I came across some that said "a collection of requests".  But, who requestsed them and from where?  I was thinking a message board like this one, but I haven't found any such posts yet.

So, I was wondering....does anyone have every episode yet?  Do these exist somewhere out there?  Or am I just wasting my time here?  I have tons taped from television, but they aren't the best quality.

Anyways, thanks.  =)
===========
Wilson7777

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't know if they are still available, but awhile back people were making bootleg DVD sets of the shorts in chronological order and selling them on sites like Ebay. The quality wasn't the greatest, but it beat the shit out of anything Columbia was offering.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Wilson7777

Yeah, I noticed that kindof stuff on Amazon and ebay. 

I really don't trust if the quality is good enough for me, and I don't want to waste money if it isn't that great.

I'd like to ask if anyone has any that they would like to trade.  Perhaps we can get some kind of sharing tree going so everyone can eventually and potentially have every episode.

Also, the only channel I get the Stooges on is the former UPN 38, which is now called TV38 in Boston.  There are 6 episodes per week.  3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday.  As far as I can tell they are un-cut and don't cut in with commericals so it's really good.  Do you think it would be possible to "request" episodes to play?  Has anyone ever done that and had the station or network comply with your request?

Thanks.
===========
Wilson7777

xraffle

There is a Swap Meet section on this site where people can trade their episodes.

Curley91

Do you think it would be possible to "request" episodes to play?  Has anyone ever done that and had the station or network comply with your request?

I watch "Stooge-A-Palooza" via delayed broadcast from Chicago.  The host tells people that they can't air a certain short on a certain date, but it is still okay to request shorts that haven't ran in a while.  He always says that all 190 will eventually air again.  They are all uncut except "Uncivil Warriors", "Three Little Beers", "Spook Louder" and "So Long Mr. Chumps."

Offline JazzBill

I watch "Stooge-A-Palooza" via delayed broadcast from Chicago.  The host tells people that they can't air a certain short on a certain date, but it is still okay to request shorts that haven't ran in a while.  He always says that all 190 will eventually air again.  They are all uncut except "Uncivil Warriors", "Three Little Beers", "Spook Louder" and "So Long Mr. Chumps."
I taped most of the shorts I have off of WCUI (Stooge A Palooza) here in Chicago. As far as I could tell none of them were cut. They even showed "The Yokes On Me" uncut. I hadn't seen that short since I was a kid, till it showed up on Stooge A Palooza. The hosts name is Rich Koz, hes been in the Chicago area for years. He also hosts a show ("Son Of Svengoolie") that plays old horror and B movies. You can't beat watching 2 hours of the Stooges (no commercial breaks in the shorts like Spike does) followed by a good old B movie like "Plan 9 From Outer Space".
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline falsealarms

IMO, the Stooges have been grossly misused on TV since the days of WSBK on weekends. I was only about 9 when that stopped, but I have fond memories of those days. I live in NY, so I'm not lucky enough to get Chicago.

Curley91

It's nice to know that someone else is familiar with these shows besides me!  I am a huge "Svengoolie" fan as well.  I really enjoy the A&C movies he's starting to show.