Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

General Larry Fine

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
A pretty good voice impersonation of Larry ...
(Maybe whoever has taken up the Stooge Movie torch should give this guy a call)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 10:20:17 PM by Giff me dat fill-em! »
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
A pretty good voice impersonation of Larry ...
(Maybe whoever has taken up the Stooge Movie torch should give this guy a call)

Billy West, comedian (THE HOWARD STERN SHOW) and animation voice actor (REN & STIMPY, DOUG, WB's voice of Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig and Bugs Bunny for the past few years...).

Billy was introduced to Larry's sister by Penn Jillette, and as a result of that, Billy attended (as "Larry") several Three Stooges Conventions in Philadelphia and Lewiston ME in the early 1990s.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Ahh ... I shoulda read the video blurb at the YouTube site before posting my comment here. NO WONDER dat guy sounds so familiar.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Actually, it's comedian and voice-actor Billy West.  He makes a great Larry, doesn't he?  West appeared at the Three Stooges Convention I attended in 1991.  Of course, he was doing his Larry schtick.  As you can see, he's a natural when it comes to playing Larry.  Enjoy! :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]D_2voybydlU&feature=related[/youtube]

Here's Billy on CNBC being interviewed.  Among other things, he discusses how Larry Fine influenced his work on Ren and Stimpy.

[youtube=425,350]EsW_wBRv1qI&feature=related[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline benjilbum

Billy is great. I still love Ren & Stimpy. If they ever do a new Stooge movie, we all know who should play Larry.
Thanks for the great posts.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Billy is great. I still love Ren & Stimpy. If they ever do a new Stooge movie, we all know who should play Larry.
Thanks for the great posts.

Yeah, I agree.  Billy certainly gets my vote for the role of Larry.  That said, I don't know if he's even being considered.  Perhaps, he's too old for the part.  Then again, that wouldn't make sense, seeing as there was talk that Robert DeNiro was being considered for Moe.  If DeNiro can be a possibility, then so can Billy West.  Of course, I used to think David Paymer would make a descent Larry, too.  I'd be happy with either of these choices, although Billy does have the voice down pat.  That would seem to work in his favor. ;D
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
I remember that clip , It was an introduction to a Howard Stern shown back in the mid 90s.

Robin

Offline locoboymakesgood

I love Billy West. I grew up with Ren and Stimpy, so he's always been one of my favorite voice-overs. I always thought he did a better Ren than Jon K, personally.

His Larry Fine is dead on, though.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Hammond Eggar

Hey, Giff.  I'm curious about something.  Why is it that whenever I post a Youtube clip here, someone hijacks it and reposts it?  It no longer shows that I was the one to originally post the "Gerneral Larry Fine" clip.  I don't mind if people respond, and I certainly didn't mind back when I was just posting links to the Youtube pages.  This, however, is getting a bit tired.  I'm not upset or mad, I'd just appreciate if you and anyone else would stop doing that.  Thanks. ;)

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Hey, Giff.  I'm curious about something.  Why is it that whenever I post a Youtube clip here, someone hijacks it and reposts it?  It no longer shows that I was the one to originally post the "Gerneral Larry Fine" clip.  I don't mind if people respond, and I certainly didn't mind back when I was just posting links to the Youtube pages.  This, however, is getting a bit tired.  I'm not upset or mad, I'd just appreciate if you and anyone else would stop doing that.  Thanks. ;)

I'm curious too. I posted the General video in mid October of last year (notice the post dates of mine and BeaStooge's posts) Yours is listed as post #3 to the topic "General Larry Fine", dated Nov. 24, 2007. (can't remember if I called it "General Larry" or not) If the video wasn't available for viewing when you perused the topic, and then posted the two videos in your post, then ya got me how mine reappeared.

I've also noticed that falsealarms appears to have posted the same videos in your topic "Wise Guys Prefer Brunettes w/ Ted Healy". Perhaps Dunrobin (or another administrator) is combining similar topics in the YouTube category? I'm very happy with giving you top billing, so I removed my video from post #1.

I wish you blissful posting my friend ...

Offline benjilbum

If they make a new Stooge movie, how about a younger actor that looks more like Larry, with Billy's voice dubbed in?
To find actors that look AND sound like the Stooges, may be too much to ask for. Maybe the same thing could be done with the other Stooges too. If they do a new movie, I hope they get it right!!!!

stooged and confused

I really hope this movie does NOT get made. After years of hearing about it, with all the delays and such, it all points to DISASTER.

Haven't they learned that remaking classics like "The Pink Panther" or TV show updates like "The Beverly Hillbillies", "Sgt. Bilko", and "Bewitched" NEVER work.

I heard that Steve Carrel is playing Maxwell Smart in a "Get Smart" feature film update.

Is nothing sacred?

Offline locoboymakesgood

I heard that Steve Carrel is playing Maxwell Smart in a "Get Smart" feature film update.
Steve Carrell is a perfect Maxwell Smart. The problem is, the script blows. Warner Bros. tried getting Buck Henry, Leonard Stern, and Mel Brooks' names removed from the film - so as to discredit them for creating the series.

I haven't read any of the spoilers yet (go to http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com), but I don't have high hopes even with Carrell's likeability.

And this Stooges movie should never get made - ever.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Why is it that whenever I post a Youtube clip here, someone hijacks it and reposts it?  It no longer shows that I was the one to originally post the "Gerneral Larry Fine" clip. 

Posts have been neither "hijacked" or "reposted." They were merged, in accordance with this site's posting guidelines:

ThreeStooges.net Posting Guidelines

7. Use the search engine. IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN TO START A NEW ONE. Therefore you should use the search engine before starting a thread to make sure your topic doesn't already exist.

In the case of "General Larry," it duplicated an active thread, originally posted a year ago; page up to review the original posting date.  The other instances you refer to were merged for the same reason.

Offline Hammond Eggar

In the case of "General Larry," it duplicated an active thread, originally posted a year ago; page up to review the original posting date.  The other instances you refer to were merged for the same reason.

Ah, I see.  That makes some sense.  The only trouble is that sometimes certain posts were made such a long time ago, it would take too much time to search for it, just on the off-chance that someone may have posted it already.  Perhaps, we could have a search engine that would help us search for previous threads.  That would be a nice addition to the site.  Is that possible? ???

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Perhaps, we could have a search engine that would help us search for previous threads.  That would be a nice addition to the site.  Is that possible? ???

ThreeStooges.net Search Feature
(Link appears at the top of each forum page)