Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Jean Derita

Offline garystooge

I'm sorry to report that I've just learned that Jean Derita (wife of Joe) passed away the other night at the age of 86. She was buried today at Pierce Brothers Valhalla Funeral Home. I will pass along more details as they become available.
Gary

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Not really sad, considering she was 86. That's plenty of life to live.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Robbie883

I wonder what will change with C 3, seeing the Deritas own all this. Sadly

Offline metaldams

If there's a Heaven, I hope she's now happy with her husband.  May she R.I.P.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Baggie

Yeh same here, but at least she had a good innings, bless her.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline kinderscenen

Wow--I assumed that she was only a couple of years younger than her husband, not (I'm assuming) 15. This would mean that her children (their children?) would be in their 50's or 60's.  This is interesting in that I'm not sure who the "next generation" is in regards to C3.  Since it really isn't in "family" hands presently, could there be a time in the near future where the company isn't run by anyone that wasn't either an immediate family member or stepchild? Of course, it remains to be seen if this would be positive or negative from the fan's viewpoint. (More conventions, anyone?)

Hopefully, Mrs. DeRita didn't have a protracted illness.....
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
Hopefully C3 will finally release the rarest shorts to DVD that many like me have never seen.  We can only hope, though.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Hopefully C3 will finally release the rarest shorts to DVD that many like me have never seen.

One more time...

The films are owned by Columbia.  Always have been, always will be.  Columbia releases the home videos.

C3 has never had, and never will have, any ownership in the films.  C3 is not involved in home video or theatrical distribution of the Columbia films.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 02:26:41 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline kinderscenen

I always forget that fact (that very important fact, as it turns out!) When I grumbled about the "new" way the shorts were aired (with the expansion to a half hour), I specifically remember grumbling about C3. Even though there was something in the back of my mind that said that they had nothing to do with it, I still grumbled.

I'm assuming that C3 had little, if anything, to do with the TV stuff. I'm sure our more knowledgable knuckleheads could offer more information.

Sunday (S-M-R-T!)
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I always forget that fact (that very important fact, as it turns out!) When I grumbled about the "new" way the shorts were aired (with the expansion to a half hour), I specifically remember grumbling about C3. Even though there was something in the back of my mind that said that they had nothing to do with it, I still grumbled.

I'm assuming that C3 had little, if anything, to do with the TV stuff. I'm sure our more knowledgable knuckleheads could offer more information.

Columbia produced that 130-short broadcast syndication package in 1998.  C3 got involved as a syndicating agent, and received "Executive Producers" credit.  C3 was also involved in arranging the AMC deal, and the subsequent restriction of AMC to the same 130 titles that the broadcast stations had (aka "the missing 60").

How involved C3 was in TV syndication became confusing due to an effective stream of contradictory double-talk, and non-denial denials...
 - When the syndication package and AMC deals were announced, C3 senior management was all over their website's (now-defunct) forum, claiming credit as the brains behind it all.
 - When fans began complaining about the broadcast syndication format, C3 senior management replied on their forum that it was all Columbia's idea.
 - When fans begain complaining about AMC's "missing 60," C3 senior management replied on their forum that all complaints should be addressed to AMC for answers.

The C3 website 'corporate information' page makes this statement, http://www.c3entertainment.com/corporate_info/index.asp

"All the classic Three Stooges television short features are broadcast all over the world on cable and syndicated television networks.  C3 has a television syndication agreement with Sony Pictures Television [Columbia] for worldwide television distribution of the Three Stooges shorts."

It's my understanding that C3 was largely involved as a TV distribution agent for several years after 1998.  But, I believe their involvement is now either diminished, or concluded.

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
My bad.  I forgot too that C3 is involved with showing the Stooges on TV and not getting all the shorts on DVD.  You notice in the lineup of shorts on the New Year's Eve marathon that they're all Curly shorts and none of them are Missing 60 shorts.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions