Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Question about "Horsing Around"

Guest · 4 · 1144

Curley91

I have a question regarding a new copy of "Horsing Around" I have received from "Stooge-A-Palooza."

On Stoogeworld.com, it says that the cow milking sequence from "Oil's Well That Ends Well" was lifted from "Horsing Around."  I looked in the filmography here, but I didn't see anything about this.  This copy doesn't include this sequence.  Was this just a mistake on Stoogeworld, or is my copy not the full deal? :-\

xraffle

My copy of "Horsing Around" didn't have the cow milking sequence. I guess it's just an error on Stoogeworld, but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline kinderscenen

Not so much "lifted from" as "filmed at exactly the same time".  While reading the Index (?!) of "The Three Stooges Scrapbook" I noticed that "Horsing Around" was filmed at exactly the same time as "Oil's Well That Ends Well."  I could never figure out why Larry's hair was noticably flatter during the cabin segment of Oil's Well until I noticed the shooting schedule.  That may also explain Larry's flub when he's picking up the box--"It's light as a feather! We'll--" he may have gotten the two scripts confused. Or, more likely, it was a 'normal' flub, but since budgets and schedules were tight, the mistake was left in.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!