Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Columbia DVD, Oct. 3

Linked Events

• New Columbia DVD (colorized): October 03, 2006

Offline Wilson7777

I work at Wal-Mart, and this DVD came in like a week before it was to be released.  I had no idea it was even getting released so when I saw it I was excited.  Until I saw the episodes on it.

Does anyone really need ANOTHER "Disorder in the Court"???  I mean really.  That episode has been public domain for so long, even non-Stooge fans have a copy laying around somewhere.

As for the colourization....it's fine.  I prefer the black and white versions better of course (luckily they included them), but the colour is done very well.  I also bought "The Three Stooges in Colour", released from Fox video with Soup to Nuts (which should've been released in black and white!!!!!!), and Snow White & The Three Stooges.  The colour on that DVD is kindof bad, but they probably couldn't go back into the Columbia prop department or talk to people to see what colour went where.  Another problem with the Fox versions is that they ADDED sound effects to the original shorts!!!  It's too bad those shorts and public domain.  I would've liked to see them get sued for it.

But really, instead of Sony wasting their time to get colourization, how about they release some NEW shorts on DVD!!  How many more need to be released anyway?  Like 100 or more at least?  I haven't counted lately.

===========
Wilson7777

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Colombia did not produce those movies, Fox did.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline BeAStooge

released from Fox video with Soup to Nuts (which should've been released in black and white!!!!!!)

SOUP TO NUTS was released to DVD in its original B&W.

"Color" was a typo error in the package indicia, which then wound up on Fox's initial press release.

Offline Wilson7777

Hrm...I never watched the DVD I bought yet, but I'm pretty sure the Soup to Nuts I bought is in colour.  I'll check it out.  I'm hoping it's in black and white now!

=)
===========
Wilson7777

xraffle

SOUP TO NUTS was released to DVD in its original B&W.

"Color" was a typo error in the package indicia, which then wound up on Fox's initial press release.

That error was fixed. I just bought the DVD about 6 months ago and the cover was revised. All pictures on the back cover were changed to black and white pictures and it now says black and white instead of color.

Curley91

How many more need to be released anyway?

151 shorts have been released on video.  This leaves 39 that have been left in the vault.
Only 84 shorts have been released to DVD.  The other 106 have not. 

Hopefully by next summer, things will look brighter.