Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Dunrobin's "Perfect" President

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I say this tongue-in-cheek, because anyone knows that all human beings have flaws and weaknesses, but ...
WHAT if our President is NOT a human?

Listen to this recording I have kept in my vinyl vaults ever since I was ten years old, and see if this would be Dunrobin's answer to who to elect next time 'round.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'm downloading these as I type, but I was wondering if this was either a part of the Superman OTR show or one of those Peter Pan/Power Records Superman records from the 70's. I have a bunch of these, a few Supermans, a Batman, an Incredible Hulk, and a Spiderman 45. The Peter Pan records are so unbelievable bad they are a guilty pleasure (for example, the Batman record starts off with an ultra cheesy rendition of the 60's TV Batman theme, and there are multiple instances on the Hulk LP where the enemy in the story(ies) calls Banner "Banner" although he is going by an alias and they are not supposed to know he's Banner).
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Actually, this recording is from 1966 by Leo the Lion Records (a subsidiary of MGM), and published by National Periodical Publications, Inc. It stars Bob Holiday as Superman and Jackson Beck as the Narrator.
The album is titled "The Official Adventures of Superman" and contains four episodes:
1. The Origin of Superman - the story of how Superman came to Earth and aquired his fantastic superpowers.
2. Superman's First Adventure - a faithful recreation of the very first story published about Superman in June 1938. (This story made it's re-appearance in the Christopher Reeve movie "Superman, the Movie" in which Superman averts a deadly and disastrous flood from a broken dam to reach the city.
3. The Punishment of Superboy - a story that pits a teenage "Superson" against his Human Dad in a battle of wills, which ultimately forces Johnathon Kent to feign threatening to leave Martha because she hasn't raised Clark properly. This brings Superboy to his knees in a desperate attempt to keep his adopted parents together.
4. The posted episode - Superman - President of the U.S.A.

Bob Holiday won acclaim for his role as Superman in the Broadway Musical Hit "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Shouldn't the thread title be "Dunrobin's 'Poifect' President"?   ;D

While Superman would probably be a major improvement over any we've seen in the past 100+ years, my vote would still go for "None of the Above."  I don't want any president, or a Congress, or any kind of political state at all.  I have come to realize that "politics" is the worst kind of anti-social criminal behavior.  [yuck]

Personally, I think that just being a politican should be a hanging offense.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
So ... you are in favor of "local-whatever-we-think-is-right" precepts should be the "guideline"? (I can't call it a "rule", because then politics would be introduced) Perhaps you are thinking that the customs of a "local group" should remain in that subset, and mustn't interfere with other, just as legitimate groups to have their own precepts?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I believe that every person is a sovereign individual, created by God, and therefore has a natural right to do as he wills, provided that he does no harm to others.  (Christians call it "The Golden Rule" although most people who call themselves Christian do not follow it as they should.  Libertarians call it the "Non-Aggression Principle", but it amounts to the same thing.)  As a Christian I believe that no man on earth is good enough to rule over others, and therefore I oppose the creation of political "government."

It's the use of force by the State that I oppose.  Governments claim a right to initiate force against others who are not harming others, and that is wrong.  I do believe in voluntary cooperation between people, of course; most of us manage to do it every day.  It's only the criminal types that seek to use force against others, stealing and ordering others around, which is why "politics" is naturally full of them.

If yu're really interested, I recomend an excellent essay written by James Redford entitled "Jesus Is An Anarchst."  I have a copy of it linked over on Moronika.com.

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Thanks ... I'll read it.

(BTW, I was describing the state of America before us "whiteys" came along on the Mayflower and screwed everything up.)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Well, my ancestors weren't on the Mayflower, but we weren't far behind it.  My mother's family came to America in 1634, helped settle Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and fought in the Revolution.   ;)

The Americans Indians had political organizations as well, b the way, although not always on the scale of the European nation-states.  The Iroquois Confederacy was well-developed, for example, and of course there were the Aztec, Mayan, Oltec and Inca empires.