Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges get stoned

Offline falsealarms

Not sure what to make of it, but found it on youtube. Looks like it was from SNL. I'm pretty sure Moe would have been disgusted by something like this, but I'm sorry to admit it's quite clever.

"The 3 Stooges demonstrate Curly's new atomic bong. This sketch only aired once due to protests from the estate of Moe Howard."

[youtube=425,350]eo-4p8L0jiY[/youtube]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Looks like it was from SNL.

FRIDAYS, ABC's early 1980s attempt to imitate SNL, airing 11:30PM on Friday nights. Produced by Jack Burns (of Burns & Schreiber, and THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW's "Warren Ferguson").

Bruce Mahler was 'Moe,' Larry David (SEINFELD, CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, FRIDAYS' head writer) was 'Larry' and John Roarke was 'Curly.'

Michael Richards (SEINFELD) was one of the show's cast members, and appeared in a couple of the Stooge sketches. Melanie Chartoff was also in the cast; she was one of the stars of STOOGEMANIA (1986).

FRIDAYS is most famous for a live fist-fight with guest host Andy Kaufmann. Kaufmann went off-script in a sketch and started arguing and shoving Michael Richards; Jack Burns intervened by jumping on stage and getting into a fist-fight with Andy before ABC cut to commercial. It was all a stunt... Burns was in on it; Richards and ABC were not.

"The 3 Stooges demonstrate Curly's new atomic bong. This sketch only aired once due to protests from the estate of Moe Howard."

There were at least three of these sketches. Norm and Joan were not happy about them, but I believe the skits ended when FRIDAYS was cancelled.

Offline falsealarms

I hope the other two skits surface - I'd like to see them  :laugh:

Offline falsealarms

And I thought for sure "Vernon" would have been a parody of Vernon Dent  ;D

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Evidently they just used the name without making the "actor" look like Vernon ... I can't see them calling an actor "Vernon" without knowing who they were referring to. If so, it would constitute one of the biggest coincidences in broadcast history.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline falsealarms

I wouldn't be shocked. They had Curly doing Shemp's eeb-eeb-eeb and MLC doing "hello, hello, hello," which was more common with the Besser openings.

Offline falsealarms

[youtube=425,350]RDiXZt6abWw[/youtube]

Also don't forget this previously posted classic:

[youtube=425,350]eo-4p8L0jiY[/youtube]