Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Larry Fine in "Stage Mother"

Offline Hammond Eggar

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's Larry's one solo film appearance in 1933's Stage Mother.  While Larry only says five words, Ted Healy was actually one of the film's stars.  Enjoy! ;)

[youtube=425,350]rplX2Y5LDgw[/youtube]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

ThumpTheShoes

...While Larry only says five words, Ted Healy was actually one of the film's stars.

And, Ted was very good in this picture, too, I might add!

-Th

Offline porcupinefan87

Awww. Larry's so cute in the early days. Great little clip. ;D

I love his facial expression when he's nodding along and then the woman goes "I don't care for it" and he makes that perplexed face...an expression change done in almost every stooge short when he'll be agreeing with Curly then change his mind when Moe dismisses the idea. Classic.

"Roses are red, and how do you do? Drink four of these and...woob woob woob woob!" - Curly, 'No Census, No Feeling'
------------
"Ehhh....money shrinks!!!" - Shemp, 'Don't Throw That Knife'
------------
"Even the comedians that make you laugh the hardest, have tragedies in their lives.  Laughter is all we have against the pain of life and death." - Larry Fine

Offline benjilbum

I just posted Soup to Nuts on You Tube. Larry was only 28 at the time. Check out how much hair he had!!
He always had that goofy little smile too.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Does anyone know how long Ted is in this flick?  Hopefully more time than Larry got. Then again hopefully less time than Larry got!

Is this available anywhere complete?

Thanks for indulging me.

Robin

ThumpTheShoes

Does anyone know how long Ted is in this flick?  Hopefully more time than Larry got. Then again hopefully less time than Larry got!

Is this available anywhere complete?

Thanks for indulging me.

Robin

Healy gets a fair amount of screen time in the first half of the picture and, certainly, much more than Porcupine! Though I've not seen an official video release, I DVR'd it from Turner Classic Movies earlier this year.

-Th

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"