Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The 50 Worst Movies Ever Made DVD

Offline Waldo Twitchell

I picked this up at Borders the other day for 10 bucks. Well-worth it if you're entertained by hilariously god-awful films.
They rank "The Three Stooges in Orbit" as the 13th worst film of all time.  I think "Snow White" would have been the better choice, which incidentally appears in the upper-left corner of the DVD cover. Even Moe called it a "technicolor mistake."

Check out www.allmovie.com for an image and short synopsis.

Waldo

xraffle

I know that "The Three Stooges In Orbit" isn't exactly a great movie, but it's not nearly as bad as "Snow White and The Three Stooges." I can't believe they would put Orbit as one of the 50 worst movies, but not Snow White. That's just weird.

Offline sgt ladylove

Hey...I actually liked "Santa Claus vs. the Martians"!!!   :D

I was going to make a comment about how so many movies are made wonderful by Mystery Science Theater 3000, but the synopsis beat me to the punch!

At any rate, I can't believe anything with Bela Lugosi in it would rank down there.  :)  Granted, once Ed Wood got his hands on the poor guy he wasn't exactly cast in stallar roles.  However, the man himself is a legend and genius.  Just a cardboard cut-out of him standing in a movie should elevate it out of the lower 50.  Is there a comprehensive list of all the movies featured on the DVD?

Offline metaldams

Sgt. Ladylove, when I say this, keep in mind there are very few who match me in being a Lugosi fanatic.  Bela has starred in several of the worst movies of all-time, and this is before Ed Wood.  Bela could be an incredibly hammy actor in one movie and a genuinely good one in the next, yet he's always entertaining.   This is why I find him so fascinating.  Have you ever seen the man's Monogram films?  BLACK DRAGONS is a hoot as far as entertainingly bad cinema goes, but perhaps my favorite of the cheese fests would be THE DEVIL BAT.  At the same time, DRACULA, THE BLACK CAT, his Ygor turns, WHITE ZOMBIE, and anything that involved comedy, Bela was genuinely great.  He was a great actor of the theatrical 19th century European variety who was dealing with a language that wasn't his own (though he certainly improved the older he got), and a lot of times material that was impossible to do justice to.

I saw this DVD before and came close to buying it.  I guess I really should.  SNOW WHITE just plain sucks, but IN ORBIT, which is entertaining, deserves to be on this list if it deals only with bad films of the entertaining variety.

SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS?  S-A-N-T-A C-L-A-U-S hooray for Santy Claus!

My signature comes from BLOODY PIT OF HORROR (1965) and is a must see for any bad film entusiast.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
My signature comes from BLOODY PIT OF HORROR (1965) and is a must see for any bad film entusiast.

LOL!  I've always wondered where that quote came from, but I never got around to asking you.   Hell, I've got to see that movie just for the title!  ;D

Offline metaldams

LOL!  I've always wondered where that quote came from, but I never got around to asking you.   Hell, I've got to see that movie just for the title!  ;D

BLOODY PIT OF HORROR has The Crimson Executioner (Mickey Hargitay), in sock enhanced red tights, no shirt, and a funny red mask torturing scantily clad Euro models while raving about his "perfect body."  Originally an Italian film, it's made more entertaining by bad dubbing.  Also contains the funniest death scene of all-time, ripe dialogue, and the leader of the models looks a lot like Emil Sitka, even though it isn't.  Easily available on amazon.com, I urge you all to pick up a copy NOW.

Anybody else have any favorite bad films?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Just bought a DVD today at the dollar store (where these bad films can be got for diddly-squat!) and picked up a copy of two sci-fi films on one DVD.

First Spaceship To Venus - 1960
Yoko Tani - Guenther Simon
A sci-fi based on Stanislaw Lem's novel "The Astronauts"
An international crew of scientists is dispatched to Venus to investigate a mysterious message sent from the supposedly uninhabitaed planet. It's one of those campy Japanese films very much like a Godzilla movie, only it turns out that the Venusians had figured out how not only to convert matter into energy (E=mc squared) but also how to convert energy back into matter, ultimately destroying themselves. The only thing that survived were the Venusians' shadows which became a gooey mass that attacks the astronauts. Great corn is to be had by all in this film!

Star Odyssey - 1979
Haven't watched this one yet, but here's the jacket blurb:
Earth is attacked by an intergalactic villian and his army of robotic androids. The alien horde wins the Earth in a contest and makes plans for its destruction. However, Earth has its own agenda as they send a group of comedic commando robots to the rescue.

Sounds corny-er than anything the Green Giant can come up with!

Sept. 6 - 1:00 am
Finally finished watching it - but it was a difficult watch - the plot was slow and the "group of comedic commando robots" was only two - a boy-girl pair who decided to commit suicide at the junkyard because they were in robotic love and couldn't "go all the way" due to their non-genitalic design. And besides, they contributed almost nothing to the "commando group", and their appearance was strongly ape-like, anyway, they were there only for the comic relief. The entire movie culminated in a cheap knock-off of Star Wars, right down to a battle against the android army with light-sabers and a very cheap-looking "epic" space battle against the enemy space station ... I wouldn't recommend it for "so bad that its cute" status, but it may be worth a passing glance at the video rental store.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.