Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

sheet music

jcd · 8 · 3709

Offline jcd

The Redford Theatre in Detroit has 3 stooges film festivals preceeded by a pipe organ concert.  I would like to provide them some stooge music to play rather than unrelated stuff.  Where can I get sheet music for (1) swinging the alphabet (2) voice of spring (3) Oh Elaine (4) Theme song (5) The Curly Shuffle?  Did I miss any songs? 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
What a great idea!  I'd be all the more certain to be there in time for the organ recital if they'll do that.   ;D

Unfortunately, I don't know know of any sources.  (Have you tried doing a Google search?) 

Maybe some of our more resourceful members have some ideas.  Pilsner, Brent - any suggestions?   ???

Pilsner Panther

What a great idea!  I'd be all the more certain to be there in time for the organ recital if they'll do that.   ;D

Unfortunately, I don't know know of any sources.  (Have you tried doing a Google search?)

Maybe some of our more resourceful members have some ideas.  Pilsner, Brent - any suggestions?   ???

First of all, try G. Schirmer:

http://www.schirmer.com/

There's very little currently in-print sheet music that they haven't got, practically everything you could ever think of (even everything I can think of). But I don't think that a lot of the music in the Stooges shorts was ever commercially published to begin with, except of course for "Listen To The Mockingbird," "Three Blind Mice," and "Pop Goes The Weasel."

What I'd like to hear is a Stooges music medley on a fine pipe organ, with all of the above tunes plus "The Frederic March" and "Nora," arranged and performed by one of the real theater organ virtuosos like Dick Hyman or Dennis James.

8)

Which will never happen in a million years... but I can dream, can't I?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 10:12:13 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline kinderscenen

I seem to recall that "Curly" (1983 biography) had "Swinging [Swingin'?] the Alphabet" in its entirety. While I don't condone checking books out of libraries and making copies of sheet music  ;), that's one of the few places I've seen it. It may be in a newer book (other than the Forrester Bros. book), or perhaps someone has decided to put it on the internet.

The one I recall was, er, readable, but it was written in a manuscript style, not "pretty."

Hope this helps!

Sunday

Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline garystooge

I have the sheet music for "The Curly Shuffle". Email your mailing address to garystooge@aol.com and I will be happy to make a copy and mail it to you.
Gary

Offline shempheadbat

can you post a schedule when the next fest is?? (festus?) i could mebbe drive there, or hitchhike... i have been deprived of big screen stooges for many years, and i think that is why i am the way i am... ahem...

Offline jcd

Offline shempheadbat