Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Curleys First Wife

Pilsner Panther

lol, wow howed this turn into talk about politicans. Oh well lol

Yeah, my bad.   :-[  It's dangerous to even mention politicians around me.   >:D

"Don't say "drugs" in front of Mr. Batty; or "coke" or "free-base" either, unless ya got some!" *

(* You get a brownie point if you know what movie that comes from.)

Don't know the movie, but in fairness to me, when I did a Google search on Mr. Barr, that was the first site that came up that wasn't one of his own!

http://www.bobbarr.org/

I thought, maybe it was a bit more objective...

And I sure don't want to get into this subject, but when it comes to "pushing Christianity out of the public forum," Rob, you know me well enough to know that I'd build the Wall of Separation so high that the organized churches could never, ever get around it or over it. In that area, I'll admit that I'm going completely against the current American socio-political grain, but I have the same two words for the believers in God that I've always had: "Show me some hard evidence of this god's existence, and then we'll talk; never mind what you believe."

Not that I meant to dig up such a hot potato, so I'd better drop it— consider it dropped! Let's change the subject: did you know that the ancient Egyptians used crocodile dung as a contraceptive? I heard that on the radio today...

:o

As a further change of subject, here's a trivia question that someone stumped me with the other day (and that doesn't happen very often):

Suppose you go to Russia and you want to visit the tomb of Karl Marx. You can't, but why can't you?

???

« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 09:16:08 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Yeh I know knob-all about your politicians, so I too am getting a little confused, more confused than usual anyhow.

The only thing you really need to know about politicians, shempetta, regardless of the country - they're all evil, and not to be trusted anymore than you'd trust a really pissed off rattlesnake not to bite you.  If you keep that in mind, you'll be smarter than the vast majority of your fellow citizens.

Not that I meant to dig up such a hot potato, so I'd better drop it... consider it dropped!

Chicken!  ;)

No idea about the film quote.

That was from Robert Townsend's brilliant Hollywood Shuffle  (1987).   Rent it if you've never seen it; it's hysterical.   ;D

Suppose you go to Russia and you want to visit the tomb of Karl Marx. you can't, but why can't you?

Simple - because he's not buried there!  He died in England, and is buried in Highgate Cemetery in London. 

Pilsner Panther

Yeh I know knob-all about your politicians, so I too am getting a little confused, more confused than usual anyhow.

The only thing you really need to know about politicians, shempetta, regardless of the country - they're all evil, and not to be trusted anymore than you'd trust a really pissed off rattlesnake not to bite you.  If you keep that in mind, you'll be smarter than the vast majority of your fellow citizens.

Not that I meant to dig up such a hot potato, so I'd better drop it... consider it dropped!

Chicken!  ;)

No idea about the film quote.

That was from Robert Townsend's brilliant Hollywood Shuffle  (1987).   Rent it if you've never seen it; it's hysterical.   ;D

Suppose you go to Russia and you want to visit the tomb of Karl Marx. you can't, but why can't you?

Simple - because he's not buried there!  He died in England, and is buried in Highgate Cemetery in London. 

Corrrrrrrect! Give that man a Corona-Corona—or at least a Corona, I already smoked half of it (line stolen from "Violent Is the Word For Curly").

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
"I've been smart all along, only you didn't know it!"   ;)

Offline Baggie

Thanks for the knowledge on politicians, Dunrobin, I'll keep that in mind.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta