Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Special Request For Bruckman: Norman The Stooge

Guest · 6 · 1673

Pilsner Panther

Our friend in Montana opined the other day that Norman Mailer might have made a good Stooge— whaddya know, he's right!

With apologies to the memory of Larry Fine...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sgt ladylove

:laugh:

You know, with a bit of concealer to to smooth out those troll-like facial lines, he might be able to brighten his best features to make him look a bit more like a comedic genius and slightly less like one of Saruman's troops.

Good job with the photoshop...but gee whiz!  What a picklepuss!   [yuck]

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Sure, but I'll lay you good odds the author of THE DEER PARK and ADVERTISEMENTS FOR MYSELF would've outshone DeRita. Hey, he was even married to a period film star - Beverly Bentley, actress in that immortal Smell-O-Vision epic SCENT OF MYSTERY! How much more cheesily Hollywood can you get?

Just so Pils doesn't have to explain - Smell-O-Vision was a cinematic device in which various scents were wafted into the movie theatre to fit in with certain scenes in the film. If the Stooges could've done a couple in 3-D, imagine how much fun they could've had if they'd attempted a short in Smell-O-Vision! (A "Dr. Tongue's House of Terror" segment on SCTV had a good time spoofing the whole concept).
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
Not to be outflanked by Mailer, I've changed my avatar to a genuine photo of myself which took me forever to uplink into my files, so you can see my ugly mug isn't much of an improvement on any other writer's. Tried to post it as a separate pic but it wouldn't work. (Pils, if you can be any help, let me know).
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Pilsner Panther

Not to be outflanked by Mailer, I've changed my avatar to a genuine photo of myself which took me forever to uplink into my files, so you can see my ugly mug isn't much of an improvement on any other writer's. Tried to post it as a separate pic but it wouldn't work. (Pils, if you can be any help, let me know).

Now that you're a moderator, you should have the ability to post attachments. If you don't, then Rob can turn the feature on for you, but I don't have that particular power here.

Once you have the feature enabled, you'll notice an "Attach" box near the bottom of the screen when you're in the "post reply" screen. Click on "Browse" to locate the visual or sound file you want to add on your hard disk, and there you go!

Pilsner Panther

"Gee whiz!  What a picklepuss!"   [yuck]

The last time a woman said those words to Mailer, he stabbed her!

"Mailer has been married six times, and has nine children by his wives. In 1960, Mailer stabbed his second wife Adele Morales with a penknife at a party. While Morales made a full physical recovery, in 1997 she published a memoir of their marriage entitled The Last Party which outlined her perception of the incident. This incident has been a focus points for feminist critics of Mailer, who point to themes of sexual violence in his work."

(Quoted and excerpted from Wikipedia)

Well, look, at least you can't say that he doesn't do his homework—

[twitch]

Sounds like an ideal mate, to me...

[yikes]