Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

I'm finished!

Offline AKStoogeFan

<Whew!>  After two and a half months (a little here, a little there) I have just finished my own Three Stooges DVD Collection.  After searching through 35 jumbled VHS tapes recorded off TV, and a little help from ThumpTheShoes, I finished transferring all 190 Columbia shorts in order onto DVD, with an extra disc consisting of the MGM shorts, Jerks Of All Trades and Kook's Tour.  That was quite a project, but a fun one.  My love of the Stooges has grown through the experience, as well as my appreciation for the comedic genius of Shemp.  Now I need to start looking for the Stooges feature films to add to my collection.  <Sigh> An obsessed collector's work is never done.

Offline sgt ladylove

That's very cool, AK!  Someday I hope to do the same.  I have about 100 episodes taped off of TV, but I'll have to start scroungin' the bargain bins looking for others.

I must recommend a Shemp short that I'm particularly fond of:  "His First Flame".  Perhaps you've seen it?  Where he's a fire fighter who marries his rival's girlfriend?  It's amazing!  I got it on a DVD called "Three Stooges: The Early Years".  Good stuff!

Offline AKStoogeFan

I like that one.  I have that and "Corn On The Cop" - and Curly's "Roast Beef And Movies" - on a DVD set from Platinum Disc Corp I got a few years ago (my first Stooge purchase, actually).

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I've got the 1934 and 1935 shorts transferred onto DVD so far, along with Kook's Tour and a few others. Getting all into crono-order is the fun part to me.

(For all those who remember the AMC times, I'm also collecting all the corny Leslie Nielson "wraparounds" I have for the simple reason of posterior's sake)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Robbie883

I'm also in the same process of finishing my set. I only have around 5 VHS tapes however, so that wasn't the main focal point. I have been using one of those filesharing programs. I was surprized, I type in The Three Stooges and I was able to download quite a few good shorts. Then I am going to burn them onto DVD in cronological order.

Giff me dat fill-em! I came across this nice episode guide for every production The Three Stooges made. I don't really remember if I saw it here, or from another place. From the Healy Era all the way to the Kook's Toor. It is on a Microsoft Word Document. However, I am not too sure how to upload a file into a post, so if you are interested please feel free to E-mail me at Robbie_Huston@hotmail.com

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Robbie883 ...
The episode listings here at our beloved Three Stooges site is more than adequate for my needs, but if the document isn't too large, and may be a benefit to others, why not just simply copy and paste it into your reply to this post?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Robbie883

Its a good 20+ pages, every episode is described like on this site.