The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Place Your Pin!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I just added a new Mod to the board that let's members "pin" their location on a map of the world.  It was includes regional maps, like Europe, the U.S., etc.)  There are links just below the nav buttons, above, to the maps and to let you place your pin.

I know we get a lot of visitors from around the world, so I hope everyone will place their pin.   [cheers]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 03:08:29 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I should have mentioned it, but you'll need to be logged in to place your pin.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 03:08:46 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's not letting me place my pin, Rob. An error message comes up telling me I can't do it.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It won't even let me view the map, lol.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Robbie883

Offline Garson

WOO WOO WOOO! MOE! LARRY! CHEESE!
Yes to say the least,if not less

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Ummm...

What browsers are you guys using?  I just discovered that it doesn't seem to work in Firefox, but it's working fine for me in Internet Explorer.

The "pin,"  Robbie, is to mark your location on a map.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 03:09:19 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline Robbie883

Offline pamountaingal

tried to place my pin but i got box that said An Error Has Occurred!You cannot edit your pin on the member map. i tried a couple times. i was signed in.

Offline LouisB1950

Same here, and I am using Internet Explorer 6.  Could it have something to do with firewalls, routers, or pop-up blockers?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
 :-[  Nope - it was your brain-dead Webmaster*, who didn't realize that the Mod installed some new permission settings that had to be updated.  I just went through and set them correctly, so members should now be able to view the map and place their pins.  (You do have to be logged in, though.)

It's supposed to work with Mozilla/Firefox, but for some reason I can't see the pins in Firefox.  I'll have to keep looking into that. 

* Ya know, the dope that can't spell "Place"!    [yikes]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 03:10:49 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hey Brent -

Last time I looked, Flander, NJ wasn't located in Ontario!   ???

LOL!

Offline da factor

>:D     No Red Sox fans allowed.....yuk, yuk, yuk........
da factor

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I didn't know that the Bronx is in the Atlantic. That explains alot.

coughgreatestcomebackinsportshistorycough

I used IE and got it to work. I think I hit the general area of where DC is.

Pilsner Panther

Hmm... I can't see the map where I'm supposed to plave, I mean place my pin. I'm using Firefox, so there just might be a compatibility issue here, but I also have a stand-alone popup/spyware blocker installed.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It doesn't work with Mozilla or Firefox. With Mozilla I can see the map but not the pins, and with Firefox I can't see anything. Your best bet is to go with IE.

Pilsner Panther

It doesn't work with Mozilla or Firefox. With Mozilla I can see the map but not the pins, and with Firefox I can't see anything. Your best bet is to go with IE.

Surrender to the Satanic forces of Bill Gates, "the Gates of Hell?" Never! Well, maybe just this once...

[censored]

Offline FineBari3

It's not letting me place my pin, Rob. An error message comes up telling me I can't do it.

Jeez, if this works for me I am gonna plotz!

Funny thread, BTW.....
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Baggie

I've placed mine fine, enjoy peoples.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Dagurasu

I've also placed mine. It looks like I'm the first from Japan. (Actually I'm a U.S. citizen working in Japan.) Some trivia: a Japanese friend of mine told me that the Three Stooges shorts were dubbed into Japanese(San Baka Taisho-Three Idiot Generals or Three Idiot Old Boys(depending on how you translate it))- he watched them as a kid on TV and loved them! Unfortunately I haven't found them on any channel or in any video store here. I really would like to hear what they sounded like. Some dubbing is really done well here. Donald Duck sounds like Donald Duck speaking Japanese, for example.

titmouse

:oSure looks like a housing shortage in Southern Cal!
" what is this....a housing shortage?"
[/color]

CURLYFAN

Well I placed my pin and it worked just fine however it looks a bit crowded in my area.

Offline Curleys_Girl_Suze

I placed my pin.

Looks like us knuckleheads are all concentrated in the Northeastern USA... ;D

Offline ZEKE

Dunrobin gave me the lowdown on pin placement and it worked perfectly.
Any problems, ask him for help, he's a good head who'll help you out.
ZEKE---in AJAX-(G.T.A.), Canada.

Offline ShempRocks

• Porcupine
  • Stooges, Stooges, Stooges!!
UGH, I feel like a STOOGE!!  Can someone please tell me how in the heck to place my pin?  I am having NO luck here.  Thanks.
Thank's for stickin around Stoogoholics!