Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Pig Latin

Offline McSnuff20

Did you notice that in Pop Goes the Easel Curley uses pig latin with the cop. "Nix the crackin' it's the cop."  But later in Tassels in the Air Moe and Larry have to explain how to speak pig latin and he doesn't get it.  Larry Arry-lay, Moe O-May Curley Curley Q.

Gorilla Watson

Just consider them filmed and released out of sequence. ;)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
On the contrary, GW, this qualifies as a legitimate nitpick, and is worthy of inclusion on Stooge Goofs. With your permission, McSnuff20, I'll add this goof to "Tassels in the Air" with acknowledgement of your contribution.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Is one short a continuation of the other? As in Rocky, II, III, etc. or an episodic TV series? If not, I think its a "Fun Fact to Know and Tell", not a goof.

My 2 pennies,

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yeah, I wouldn't really consider it a goof as there was no real continuity with the shorts.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Okay ... I'm glad I waited. I stand erected.
It's true that this kind of inter-episode nitpicking works for, let's say, Star Trek or Seinfeld, but Shemps#1 is correct in that there is no tangible continuity between any episode and another (With the single execption of the two Besser eps about the talking Sister horse).
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Pilsner Panther

You can go all the way back to the first two Columbia shorts to see that there's no continuity intended: in "Woman Haters," the Stooges appear to be old buddies, but in "Punch Drunks," they've never met each other before!

This is just like the Max Fleischer Popeye cartoons that were made at the same time. In some, Popeye, Bluto, and Olive Oyl seem to have known each other for years, but in others, they've just met. It all depends on the needs of the plot.

Offline JazzBill

Ok, It's "Man Law"....... All Stooge Shorts should be independent of each other and stand alone.  ;D
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Snips... (With the single execption of the two Besser eps about the talking Sister horse).

I remember one but not the other. And the Besser filmography reviews are "sparse". Can anyone give the plots of the 2 films?

"Besser Trivia Pursuit"  :P

James

Dog Hambone

The names of Saddam Hussein's 2 sons, Uday & Qusay (or something similar) used to crack me up. Everytime I heard their names on a news report, I thought it had to be pig latin. I ended up calling them Ixnay & Amscray. 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I remember one but not the other. And the Besser filmography reviews are "sparse". Can anyone give the plots of the 2 films?

James

There's only 16 Besser episodes, so I'm going to be mean and let you guess which two are the "Horse" episodes:

HOOFS AND GOOFS
MUSCLE UP A LITTLE CLOSER
MERRY MIX-UP, A
SPACE SHIP SAPPY
GUNS A-POPPIN'
HORSING AROUND
RUSTY ROMEOS
OUTER SPACE JITTERS
QUIZ WHIZZ
FIFI BLOWS HER TOP
PIES AND GUYS
SWEET AND HOT
FLYING SAUCER DAFFY
OIL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL
THREE STOOGES FUN-O-RAMA
TRIPLE CROSSED
SAPPY BULL FIGHTERS

>:D

Offline JazzBill

The names of Saddam Hussein's 2 sons, Uday & Qusay (or something similar) used to crack me up. Everytime I heard their names on a news report, I thought it had to be pig latin. I ended up calling them Ixnay & Amscray. 
Now they both use the same "Pig-Latin" name.........Ed-Day  :laugh:

Offline FineBari3

I would always think of Omay and Umday!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Pilsner Panther

Larry: "In Pig Latin, I'm Arry-lay, and he's O-may. Now what's your name?"

Curly: "Curly-Q!"

[pound] [stooges] [pound]

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain

James

There's only 16 Besser episodes, so I'm going to be mean and let you guess which two are the "Horse" episodes:

HOOFS AND GOOFS
MUSCLE UP A LITTLE CLOSER
MERRY MIX-UP, A
SPACE SHIP SAPPY
GUNS A-POPPIN'
HORSING AROUND
RUSTY ROMEOS
OUTER SPACE JITTERS
QUIZ WHIZZ
FIFI BLOWS HER TOP
PIES AND GUYS
SWEET AND HOT
FLYING SAUCER DAFFY
OIL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL
THREE STOOGES FUN-O-RAMA
TRIPLE CROSSED
SAPPY BULL FIGHTERS

>:D

[stooges] Oh, a wise-guy! I ask for the plots and he gives me a title quiz. I'll bet he eats soup with a knife.

James

xraffle

[stooges] Oh, a wise-guy! I ask for the plots and he gives me a title quiz. I'll bet he eats soup with a knife.

James

Oh, come on. That's an easy quiz. I would give you the 2 shorts, but I don't want to get in trouble. However, I don't think it would hurt to give you a clue. Just look at the titles. You don't need a summary or anything to figure it out. The titles are enough to help you out.

Offline Pip Pip

Now they both use the same "Pig-Latin" name.........Ed-Day  :laugh:

That is priceless!  I thought of them as Ixnay and Amscray too - but not anymore!  Thanks for the laugh.
 ;D

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Oh, come on. That's an easy quiz. I would give you the 2 shorts, but I don't want to get in trouble. However, I don't think it would hurt to give you a clue. Just look at the titles. You don't need a summary or anything to figure it out. The titles are enough to help you out.

plots... Plots... PLOTS!

Titles:  HOOFS AND GOOFS & HORSING AROUND

Plot: HOOFS AND GOOFS

A grieving Joe finds out his late sister Bertie has been reincarnated as a horse. Against her wishes the Stooges take Bertie back to their apartment & after a brief encounter hiding her from Dinkelspiel the landlord, find out Bertie is ready to give birth. Afterwards she has a baby colt & Joe Besser awakens to realize it was all a dream.

Synopsis provided by a fellow knucklehead, Shemp_Diesel

Plot: HORSING AROUND

NOTHING

Herb Wallerstein is credited as Assistant Director for this episode. Fay Babcock is credited as Set Director for this episode.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can I make it more clear?

James

Offline JazzBill

Hoofs and Goofs......
Although the Stooge's sister, Birdie, has been dead more than a year, Joe will not let her memory fade. He studies reincarnation, thinking someday Birdie might return.While walking the streets, Joe hears Birdie's voice coming from a horse. The Stooges are delighted to find their reincarnated sister and take her home to celebrate. They spend the rest of the time hiding her from their landlord (Mr. Dinkelspiel). The key gag is that she makes uncles out of the Stooges.
Horsing Around.......
The Stooges apartment is a little crowded but they do their best to raise the baby and search for Birdies mate, a circus horse named Schnapps. The Stooges read in the paper that Schnapps has been injured and might have to be destoyed. Knowing this would crush their sister, they set out to the circus to save him. As usual they almost screw it up, but in the end ,the old guy thats supposed to shoot Schnapps can't see good and misses. Birdie and Schnapps end up back together and the only thing that was wrong with Schnapps was that he missed Birdie.

You owe me , these two shorts suck. I'm probably going to get nightmares tonight, just from thinking about them.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
So your suffering won't be in vain, Bill, I've taken the liberty of adding your synopses into the filmography for those two episodes.   ;D

(And by the way, James, I don't eat my soup with a knife - I use a spoon.  I eat my peas with a knife.)   >:D

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Thanks JB, I owe you one. Rob, I'll send you a Can-a-peas!

I can't recall ever seeing "Horsing Around". Just as well. More 2 Stooges & Besser disappointment.

James

xraffle

plots... Plots... PLOTS!

Titles:  HOOFS AND GOOFS & HORSING AROUND

Plot: HOOFS AND GOOFS

A grieving Joe finds out his late sister Bertie has been reincarnated as a horse. Against her wishes the Stooges take Bertie back to their apartment & after a brief encounter hiding her from Dinkelspiel the landlord, find out Bertie is ready to give birth. Afterwards she has a baby colt & Joe Besser awakens to realize it was all a dream.

Synopsis provided by a fellow knucklehead, Shemp_Diesel

Plot: HORSING AROUND

NOTHING

Herb Wallerstein is credited as Assistant Director for this episode. Fay Babcock is credited as Set Director for this episode.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can I make it more clear?

James

I know you wanted the plots. But, I needed to include the titles along with the plots so you would know which episode I'm summarizing. Dunrobin didn't want the titles revealed and after all, he is the administrator and I need to respect that.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
LOL!  It wasn't that I didn't want the title revealed, xraffle - I had completely misunderstood James' question.  I thought he was asking which episodes were the two about the Stooges' sister-as-horse and I was being a smart ass (since the titles made it obvious.)  I didn't realize that James was looking for a synopsis of the 2nd one, because we didn't have one for it, but fortunately JazzBill saved the day (and now we do have one!)

xraffle

Yeah, I misunderstood James' question too. I thought he wanted both the titles and the plots. I didn't realize that he already knew the titles.

And incidentally, you never eat peas with a knife. You mix it with the mash potatoes, then you eat it with a spoon.