Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Redford Theatre (Detroit): The Birds and more!

Linked Events

• Hitchcock's The Birds: October 20, 2006 - October 21, 2006
  • Redford Theatre: Frankenstein: October 27, 2006 - October 28, 2006
  • A&C Meet Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: October 27, 2006 - October 28, 2006
  • Indiana Jones & Last Crusade: November 17, 2006 - November 18, 2006
  • Natl. Lampoon's Xmas Vacation: December 01, 2006 - December 02, 2006

Offline redfordtheatre

October 20 at 8:00 and October 21 at 2:00 and 8:00.  All Tickets $4.00 at the door.  See Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds on the Redford's BIG screen. 

October 27 at 8:00 and October 28 at 2:00 and 8:00.  All seats $5.00.  The original Frankenstein PLUS Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

November 17 at 8:00 and November 18 at 2:00 and 8:00, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  All seats $4.00.

December 1 at 8:00 and December 2 at 2:00 and 8:00.  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - the best of the National Lampoon Vacation series - will be shown on the BIG screen of the Redford Theatre.  $4.00.  The Saturday evening show will include a silent auction.

http://redfordtheatre.com
http://redfordtheatre.com/movie

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 01:40:05 PM by BeAStooge »

Pilsner Panther

I've never understood why Rod Taylor didn't just put Tippi Hedren in the Time Machine and escape the whole thing....

This is my 2500th post? No, actually it's number 2501.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
When I was a kid living in western Michigan, our family would go out west on camping trips in the summer.  One year (I think it was 1970, but I'm not going to swear to it) we drove all the way to San Francisco and then north along the coast.  We stopped for the night in Bodega Bay.  We were sitting in the restaurant eating dinner, and my mother was staring out the window at a large flock of seagulls when it dawned on her where we were!   :o

The clam chowder was excellent, by the way.   ;D

Pilsner Panther

Bodega Bay looks very different now— most of those old buildings are gone, but the terrain hasn't changed. Of course, the school building wasn't in Bodega Bay at all, it was a set on the Universal Studios lot outside of L.A.

The Nob Hill and Union Square areas of San Francisco are, surprisingly, pretty much unchanged, being official Historic Districts. Union Square was completely rebuilt two years ago, but in such a way that it retained most of its original character.

The main difference now is that in the early 1960's, the streets weren't full of gangbangers, shouting crazies, passed-out junkies, and chronic panhandlers when "The Birds" was filmed.

And Mr. Hitchcock's favorite San Francisco restaurant, Ernie's in North Beach, went out of business in the early 1990's.

:'(

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
We were only in San Francisco for a few hours (it's not really a suitable town for a station wagon towing a camper!)  I remember having to put on a sweater when we got there, which was weird considering that we had driven through 100 degree weather in Sacremento earlier that day.  We took Route 1 after crossing the Golden Gate, and my little brother got sick from the roller coaster-like road.  It was getting late by the time we reached Bodega Bay, and my father found a little campground near the beach and decided to stop there for the night.

My parents decided not to bother cooking in the camper that night, and we went into town for dinner.  On the way my mother kept saying that the place seemed oddly familiar to her, although she had never been to California before.  It was eating in that restaurant and seeing the large flock of seagulls that triggered it for her.

Bogeda Bay back then looked pretty much just as it did in The Birds, since it was only a few years after the film was made.  There were a lot of birds around that evening, too, which made it seem rather creepy once we realized where we were.   ;D

It's too bad that the Redford is so far away from where I live (it's a good hour and a half drive), or I'd go to  a lot more shows there.  I may have to make a special effort to see The Birds, though.