Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Reasons to Hate Wal-Mart - Revisited

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
(Several months ago, a thread was begun with the phrase "Reasons to Hate Wal-Mart" as a sub-title to the thread, but I'm unable to find it, or I'd post this comment there. If one of the global moderators knows of it's whereabouts, please feel free to move this new topic there.)

I had never posted to that thread, although I agreed with nearly all of the reasons offered, because I was (don't hurt me!) working there for the last year, and I had a specific reason for doing so. I was in the process of beginning a new food-related business (dropping out of the chef game temporarily), and needed a job that was brainless and boring so I could devote most of my waking hours to the new business, and Wal-Mart immediately came to mind. The mid-afternoon to midnight shift was perfect to leave all morning and part of the afternoon free for my efforts.

Anyway, I had planned on putting in my two week notice in September, just about getting my new business on it's feet. I asked for my earned vacation in mid July, so I could accompany my wife to Chicago for a trip to see her sister. The non-refundable tickets were bought 6 weeks early, and at the same time I put in my vacation request (2 weeks earlier than required by house rules).
The request was REFUSED on the grounds that July is "inventory" month, and no vacations were issued for that month so all employees would be on hand for help. However, working in the Deli Department meant that "inventory" is done once a wek, so a product order can be placed. This refused request went two managers up the path (their so-called "open door policy" - what a crock), but the decision stuck, those ignorant pricks not wanting to shoulder the slightest ounce of responsibility.
However, since I needed a few more weeks of labor, I found work at a specialty food store (similar to Central Market) and mooned those turds on the way out and left my butt-print on the front door glass.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline FineBari3

I found work at a specialty food store (similar to Central Market) and mooned those turds on the way out and left my butt-print on the front door glass.

That's called a 'pressed ham'!!!!! 

Good for you!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Pilsner Panther

That's called a 'pressed ham'!!!!! 

That's an expression I've never heard, even though I've been subjected to one. A few years back, I was sitting on a bench at a bus stop in Palo Alto, California. It was right on a corner with a stoplight, and as the light turned red, a car with several teenage girls in it pulled up and stopped. Just as the light turned green again, the girl in the front passenger seat stood up, spun around, dropped her pants, and mooned the people at the bus stop by pressing her derriere against the car window, just as they drove off.

Using my best Buster Keaton deadpan, I turned to the man sitting next to me and quoted a line from "Rocky & Bullwinkle:"

"Now there's something you don't see every day!"

[moon]

Offline Weasel

Seems every time I go in WalMart there are people there, men and women, who love exposing their belly buttons, legs, etc and so on....and trust me, they DON'T LOOK GOOD!

Crying, screaming children don't make it any better and with 29 checkouts and only 3 of them open and in operation that makes it even worse.

The guys standing at the front door asking me, "Sir would you like to contribute to the Church of the Covered Dish?".....so last night I replied in my best German, "Ich verstehe nicht Englisch, ich spreche Deutsches." which means "I don't understand English, I speak German."  He gave me a weird look...priceless!  Try it sometime.

"Ya ist das gut"...................Yes, that is good!

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Seems every time I go in WalMart there are people there, men and women, who love exposing their belly buttons, legs, etc and so on....and trust me, they DON'T LOOK GOOD!

Crying, screaming children don't make it any better and with 29 checkouts and only 3 of them open and in operation that makes it even worse.

The guys standing at the front door asking me, "Sir would you like to contribute to the Church of the Covered Dish?".....so last night I replied in my best German, "Ich verstehe nicht Englisch, ich spreche Deutsches." which means "I don't understand English, I speak German."  He gave me a weird look...priceless!  Try it sometime.

"Ya ist das gut"...................Yes, that is good!

Rodney Carrington http://www.rodneycarrington.com/ does a comedy bit about going to Wal-Mart...

There's always some fat lady beating her kids in Wal-Mart. "Kids! I am gonna give you a whuppin! Get in the car we're going to Wal-Mart!"

Funny stuff!  :D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!