Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Besser/DeRita radio interviews?

Offline falsealarms

This just crossed my mind the other day, but has anyone heard of anyone else having radio interviews of Besser or DeRita? They had to have done some radio spots later in their lives, especially during the Stooges resurgence in the early to mid 80s, and the hoopla surrounding the Stooges star on the walk of fame. I'd be surprised if nothing like this existed, or ever happened, but does anyone have any info?

Offline kinderscenen

You know, I don't ever recall hearing ANY radio interviews with Besser/DeRita...I seem to recall more with Joan Howard Maurer in the early/mid 80s, and although this doesn't really count as a Stooge interview, I seem to recall Mousie Garner being interviewed by David Letterman what seems like billions of years ago. I would think that in St. Louis, they would've interviewed Besser, since he was born here, but unless I was too young or missed it, I don't recall any interviews.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline garystooge

Besser/Derita radio interviews that I can document are:

1. Feb 23, 1983 on WWSP-FM, Stevens Point, WI.  This was the college radio station of Univ. Of Wisconsin, Stevens Point. They did a program hosted by Dave Shmookler called "Stoogefest 83" which featured interviews with Joe Besser, as well as Emil Sitka and Larry's brother, Moe Feinberg

2. 1983 (exact air date unknown) on WCFL-AM, Chicago. They did a special, hosted by Dean Richard which had interviews with both Besser and Derita, as well as Ed Bernds. Jeff Forrester sat in as special guest in the studio

3. July 3, 1987 on WTAC, Flint, Michigan. This 2-1/2 hour Stooges special had interviews with Besser, Derita, Emil Sitka and yours truly. Jeff Forrester also sat in as a guest on this one too.

I know there were others, but these are the only ones that I can easily document the specifics.
Gary

Offline falsealarms

I wonder if we ever see those interviews surface. Hard to say, but if interviews with Moe and Larry that were done a decade earlier surfaced, maybe these will too. I know many would love to hear them.