Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

dent,jamison, and blystone

· 8 · 3603

titmouse

my favorite 3 stooge foils are vernon dent, bud jamison, and stanly blystone....to my knowledge they all three only were in one short together....Back from the Front......does anyone else know of any other episode they all three were in?

i also like cy (seymour) schindell and how he worked knowing he was dying from cancer.....visited his grave at the national cemetary for vets up in LA last week....my favorite line from him was from stone age romeos/i'm a monkeys uncle......

as caveman-------"hey you stole our girls you horsethieves!!!
 Use caps when needed. Refer to Rule #1 in the guidelines. S#1

Offline garystooge

Dog Hambone

One of my favorite Cy Schindell bits had him playing a guy who had just been knocked unconscious while a hidden stooge behind him acted as a "puppeteer", making his nod up & down for "yes", shake from side to side for "no", or shrug his shoulders for "I dunno". I can think of 2 shorts where they used this hilarious routine - Fright Night (with gangster Big Mike in the warehouse) & the one where they are in Rome. I think that one is titled Matri-phony (it's the  one with Emperor Octapus Grabus & Curley poses as his "little kelpfish").       

Ringworm

Calling All Curs, Cy scaring the dog with his roar kills me!

From Nurse to Worse, Cy and the boys looking at those babies with their noses pressed against the window slays me!

Dog Hambone

Speaking of Calling All Curs, Schindell did a great job in the "2 guys in one jacket" (for want of a better name) fight routine near the end. Right after he roars & scares the dog, he is walking toward Curley saying, "Let me at him. I'll mop up the floor with him." As he is removing his jacket, Curley gets his arm into the empty sleeve, & the fun begins!

Offline Wilson7777

Cy, Dent, Jamison, and Blystone were all excellent!

I'm surprised no one said anything about Emil Sitka.  He was one of my favourites.

He was awesome in Brideless Groom, Gents in a Jam, Vagabond Loafers, etc...

I'm not sure how many he co-starred in, probably not as many as Vernon Dent because he was in some Early Curly's and Shemp's.  He was a good friend of Shemp, and played off of him very well.

===========
Wilson7777

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Emil Sitka... I'm not sure how many he co-starred in...

Emil's entry in this website's filmography entry will give you a list of every Three Stooges film he appeared in, and the role(s) he played.

- Top of any page, click on "Cast Members," under "Stooge Info" on the header bar
 - Or, in the cast listings in the main page's Pick of the Day, click on a linked name.

Offline Wilson7777

Hey, thanks!

I'm kindof new here and haven't figured out all the features of the site, but I didn't realize that it was THAT comprehensive!

I wish that I would've found out about this website sooner!

===========
Wilson7777