Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges in other movies

· 22 · 5444

Nojaa

I was watching an Abbott & Costello movie about a week ago ("Buck Privates") and I noticed Shemp was in the movie playing a small part (he played a chef).  What other non-Stooges movies have any of the Stooges appeared in?

I do know there was at least one other movie (a drama, but can't remember the name or synopsis) where Shemp played a bit part as a bartender.

Nojaa.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

What other non-Stooges movies have any of the Stooges appeared in?

Go the header bar at the top of the page, under "Filmography," find "Solo Appearances." Under that are selections for viewing listings of Shemp's 103 solo films, plus non-Stooge work of all the other Stooges & Healy.

I do know there was at least one other movie (a drama, but can't remember the name or synopsis) where Shemp played a bit part as a bartender.

W. C. Fields' THE BANK DICK (1940).

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The links are right on the home page, if you had bothered to look.  ::)
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Nojaa

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Snide remark? Ok, it was a little snide; but stupid questions deserve snide remarks.

The LAST thing you want to do is start with me, junior. I'll throw you out of here so fast it'll make your fucking head spin.

If you think before you post you won't get any snide remarks.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Nojaa

That remark was totally uncalled for!  So I didn't think to look at something.  That doesn't give you free license to attack my character!  DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!!

I also don't appreciate your profane language, and I demand an immediate apology.

>:(

Making Idiotic Demands. S#1

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ok...

FUCK YOU, YOU STUPID ASSHOLE!

I was profane and attacked your character...I guess I'll never learn.

Nojaa

Obviously, you won't.  This is the last time I'll visit this website.  If this is an example of the trash that is allowed to accumulate here, then I want no part of it.

In the meantime, all messages in this discourse will be used as evidence to determine if my lawyer wishes to file a libel suit against your company.

Ta ta, bonehead!!

For reasons all too obvious. S#1

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
ROFL. You can't sue for libel because I called you an asshole. If I made a false claim (such as "Nojaa was responsible for 9/11") then you'd have a case.

Wahhhhh, you called me a name and now I'm going to sue, wahhhhh!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Obviously, you won't.  This is the last time I'll visit this website.  If this is an example of the trash that is allowed to accumulate here, then I want no part of it.

In the meantime, all messages in this discourse will be used as evidence to determine if my lawyer wishes to file a libel suit against your company.

Ta ta, bonehead!!

In addition to not paying any attention to the site menus, it obvious that you didn't bother to read the Posting Guidelines thread either, Nojaa.  If you had, you would have known that swearing is considered acceptable on this site.

By the way, do you have a fucking clue what the word "libel" even means?  (Don't bother to respond, it was a rhetorical question.  It's obvious that you don't or you wouldn't have made such an asinine threat.)  If your lawyer accepts a case based on this thread, he (a) got his law degree from a cereal box, or (more likely) (b) knows that he has a complete moron for a client that he can soak for the big bucks.

And some people wonder why I say America has gone to hell...  ::)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
If he has a case for being called an asshole, we have a countersuit for my being called a bonehead.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
If he has a case for being called an asshole, we have a countersuit for my being called a bonehead.

As if a Three Stooges fan would consider being called a "bonehead" to be an insult!   ;D

Offline JazzBill

Looks like another customer for the guestbook at ThreeStooges.Com, he should fit right in. 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I know that this may sound stupid, but is there something about their guestbook that I should know about?  (Seriously - I never go there.)

???

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I just went over there, and the only thing I can decipher was that there is a troll who uses a bunch of names and prefers the Marx Bros (it could be more than person, impossible to tell). I don't know if anyone over there was banned here. I was expecting a sort of refugee shelter.

I don't understand why people are using a guestbook as a message board anyway.

xraffle

That remark was totally uncalled for!  So I didn't think to look at something.  That doesn't give you free license to attack my character!  DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!!

I also don't appreciate your profane language, and I demand an immediate apology.

First of all, this question can easily be answered by using a little bit of research. One way is by using the Filmography section of this site, like what BeAStooge suggested. There are also other ways too. There are a lot of Filmography websites out there on the internet that you can use.

Also, Shemps#1 didn't attack your character because you didn't think to look at something. It was because you answered him back by saying "Yeah, yeah, thanks for the snide remark!" And to say "DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!!", it indicates that you are yelling. And you demand an immediate apology?? This is the way to talk to a moderator?

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
This guy also had the nerve to report Jim to me for using profane language.  Like I'm really going to listen to him when he's being the asshole.

[banghead]
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The reported posts must go out to Team Stooge members as well. It's more of an automatic thing, it's not that he could pick and choose who to report the post to.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
The "Report to Moderator" function will send copies to the particular board's moderator(s), plus the Global Moderators and Administrator.  Any other "notices" that he sent must have been done individually.

This guy is sounding more and more like a true nut job.   ::)

Dog Hambone

Nojaa: "In the meantime, all messages in this discourse will be used as evidence to determine if my lawyer wishes to file a libel suit against your company."

This idiot sounds like my brother-in-law, always threatening to sue somebody. People like him & Nojaa that threaten you with "my lawyer" don't even have a lawyer, they have to get out the yellow pages and pick one to call. They also don't seem to grasp that a lawsuit is 2 sided; they seem to just think its easy money. And assuming that Nojaa was in fact libeled, which I don't, how can you libel someone that goes by a fictitious name? And finally, a lawyer so incompetent as to accept a case like that would be the last guy in the world I would want representing me!

Just my opinion. That and $4.95 will buy me a large latte at Starbucks (or is that a grande latte?).       

Pilsner Panther

I notice that this thread has, as of now, reached two pages and 198 hits...

The moral of the story is, there's nothing like a good pie-fight to hold an audience's interest!

[stooges]

Offline JazzBill

I notice that this thread has, as of now, reached two pages and 198 hits...

The moral of the story is, there's nothing like a good pie-fight to hold an audience's interest!

[stooges]
It never fails, just when things start to get slow, another mole pops his head out of the hole.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".