Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Another Year Older and Still None The Wiser!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
A happy birthday to our own Pilsner Panther, who turns 43 today.

http://www57.123greetings.com/card/06/25/22/45/CL90625224548255.html
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

Happy Birthday Pils. Don't listen to Jim, your not THAT old (Yet).  I can remember singing along with The Who, "Hope I die before I get old" in the song My Generation. Well, needless to say, I'm not taking that stance any longer. I don't think Pete and Roger do either.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Pilsner Panther

Thank you both, gents. Permit me to take a bow.

(sound effect: loud crack)

Owww! Now I can't straighten up! Damn this middle age!

I think The Who had it backwards: at this point, I want to get old before I die.

No, but seriously—

To commemorate the occasion, I did something I haven't done in a long time: had a formal portrait made. That Matthew Brady is expensive, but he sure knows his way around a glass plate!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Judging by that uniform and helmet, I'd say that looks like Kaiser Pilsner!  :D

"We baked you a birthday cake, and if you get a tummy ache. And you moan and groan and woe. Don't forget we told you so!"

Happy Birthday Pils! Now blow out the candles!  >:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline FineBari3

Happy boithday, Pils!

I didn't read the board yesterday, so your greeting is late.  At least the board remembered your birthday!

Oh, the picture is fantastic!!!! You look like Col. Klink in his younger days!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Pilsner Panther

Col. Klink! Now, that made me laugh, and I'll tell you why: my father's subordinates used to refer to him (behind his back) as Col. Klink!

This had more to do with his attitude than with his looks, though... "H-o-g-a-n-n-n!"

Did you know that Werner Klemperer (ironically) was Jewish? Another trivia bit about him is that his father was Otto Klemperer, one of the most famous classical conductors of the 20th century, renowned for his performances of Beethoven in particular.

Offline JazzBill

Col. Klink! Now, that made me laugh, and I'll tell you why: my father's subordinates used to refer to him (behind his back) as Col. Klink!

This had more to do with his attitude than with his looks, though... "H-o-g-a-n-n-n!"

Did you know that Werner Klemperer (ironically) was Jewish? Another trivia bit about him is that his father was Otto Klemperer, one of the most famous classical conductors of the 20th century, renowned for his performances of Beethoven in particular.
I also heard the only way he would take the role is if he got to play Klink as a buffoon. Which he did quite well, I might add.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Have you got some kind of weird, alien eyes or something, Pils?  Maybe step into a teleporter booth when you shouldn't have, and wound up with bug eyes?  Or maybe you have strange, ichthyic relatives living in curiously decaying hamlets along the coast?

[spy]  I couldn't help but notice that you are always wearing those big-ass shades in every picture of yourself that you've ever posted.  It makes me wonder what hideous secret they conceal...

[confused2]     [fear]

And a belated Happy Birthday to you!   [cheers]

Pilsner Panther

Have you got some kind of weird, alien eyes or something, Pils?  Maybe step into a teleporter booth when you shouldn't have, and wound up with bug eyes?  Or maybe you have strange, ichthyic relatives living in curiously decaying hamlets along the coast?

[spy]  I couldn't help but notice that you are always wearing those big-ass shades in every picture of yourself that you've ever posted.  It makes me wonder what hideous secret they conceal...

[confused2]     [fear]

And a belated Happy Birthday to you!   [cheers]

Thanks, Rob. As to the shades, it's just that that's the only digitized picture of myself I've got. I always mean to have some more taken, but I never seem to get around to it.

"Your eyes are like taillights at night,
They're red, but they're not very bright..."

—Elsie Ames to Buster Keaton in "General Nuisance" (Columbia, 1941)

My fishy relatives in Innsmouth thank you, too.

Offline FineBari3

Oh, yes I know that stuff! BIG Hogan's Heros fan here!  Other Jewish actors on that show were Gen. Burkhalter, Major Hochstetter, and Corporal LeBeau, who was actually in a concentration camp in WWII and had a number tattooed on his arm. Quite a lot of musical talent on that show as well!

I didn't know that Otto Klemperer was renowned for conducting Beethoven, but I do know that he is considered the definitive conductor of Wagner. I have a recording of him conducting Tristan und Isolde (on EMI) that kicks ASS!

I am very glad that I taped almost every episode when it was back on Nick at night a few years ago! I just watched a few yesterday, for the first time in a few months.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Robbie883

Happy very belated birthday Pils haha ..haven't read the boards in awhile, hope you had a good one.