Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ending of Pain in the Pullman

Offline McSnuff20

Love the ending of Pain in the Pullman when they are thrown off the train and ride the cows like bucking broncos but what other short ends that way.  I remember they used that same ending again.  Anyone?  "I'm Paul Pain the heart-throb of millions. What's a heart-throb?  A pain in the neck.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline McSnuff20

Thank you.  I actually have that short on DVD. 

Offline healyhouston

Columbia remade a Pain in the Pullman with the Burlesque comedy team of Schilling & Lane called Training for Trouble, Directed by Jules White.  This burlesque comedy team knew Bud Abbott & Lou Costello.   Richard Lane was in A&C "It Aint Hay" in the Racetrack scene "Their off, the race is over, you loose".  Also in this film is another burlesque buddy Sidney Fields. This is a remake of the Three Stooges short "Pain in the Pullman".  At the end they use the same gag taken from Pain in the Pullman but their are only two people they throw from the train!!

Part 1

Part 2

Offline healyhouston

Also about the above video Schilling & Lane TRAINING FOR TROUBLE

This is the same set for he train scene as Hold the Lion with the Three Stooges. I was almost expecting to see Curly Howard sitting down as a passenger.