Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Build Your Vocabulary (Or Else!)

Guest · 4 · 1330

Pilsner Panther

I don't know if this little film will appeal to everyone, but I find it hilarious:

http://www.archive.org/stream/BuildYou1948/BuildYou1948_256kb.mp4

Poor Dad, he's such a dolt that he doesn't understand sixth-grade vocabulary words like "explicit" and "valence." But Sonny comes to the rescue with his mighty three-digit I.Q. (one more digit than Dad's got). Just exactly how the hapless Mr. Willis got to be a company executive and live in a nice middle-class home is beyond me; that, and why his wife didn't divorce him long ago— she must be a real bear for punishment.

[confused2]

It ends happily, though, as Mr. Willis gets a round of applause and rides off into the sunset, issuing ultimatums in all directions.

Actually, I have known executives who are this dense, not to mention military officers. I have no idea who this film was aimed at (55-year-old illiterates like Mr. Willis?), or what context it might have been shown in; adult education classes, maybe. It doesn't seem like the kind of short that would have been made for theaters.

I highly recommend the rest of the Prelinger Archive, too, for anyone who's into old films (what, anyone around here)? You can spend hours and hours poking around among their thousands of files. Training films, commercials, corporate PR films, and all kinds of miscellany... the best part is, it's all free!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I highly recommend the rest of the Prelinger Archive, too, for anyone who's into old films (what, anyone around here)?

I'm having those old-as-dirt feelings today, as I'll be attending my 30th High School reunion tommorrow. My God ... almost thirty years ago I married my high school sweetheart, had three kids with her, then she decided life was better without me, then I divorced her ass, found a woman who actually likes me, got married again, and am currently living happily ever after ... (sigh) ... time passes so quickly for us ordinary folk.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Shemoeley Fine

Giff wrote <<< I'm having those old-as-dirt feelings today, as I'll be attending my 30th High School reunion tommorrow. My God ... almost thirty years ago I married my high school sweetheart, had three kids with her, then she decided life was better without me, then I divorced her ass, found a woman who actually likes me, got married again, and am currently living happily ever after >>>>

Well, blow me down!  Class of 1976, the bi-centennial graduating year. Congrats Giff!  I too married my high school sweetie after 5 years of shacking up as was the trend in the late 60's and early 70's. I graduated in 1968- Go Muir Mustangs! By the Fall of 1969, my lady and I were living in sin and had our only daughter. I am still happily married to the same woman and we are doting grand parents to 3 adorable adolescents girls. My wife and daughter frown when I call them my Moe, Larry and Curly or Johnny, Mabelle and Frankee. In 2008 my 40th hi skool reunion will take place, I hope to be alive to attend as I have not been to any of the several reunions they have organized....

Giff, let me know how it goes at the reunion, I'm curious to learn the vibe of a reunion.

An in advance thanx
S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Pilsner Panther

In 2008 my 40th hi skool reunion will take place, I hope to be alive to attend as I have not been to any of the several reunions they have organized....

What, you mean you were dead for all the others? I suppose you could get away with that indefinitely if you had a good enough embalmer: "You're looking great, ol' buddy— who's your mortician?"

The local coroner might still object anyway, for public health reasons.

Irish woman at funeral: "He makes a lovely corpse... his wife must be very proud of him."

(old Spike Milligan gag)

[whistle]