Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The #1 Song On The Day You Were Born

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Alright, here's a link to a site that will tell you the #1 song on the day you were born. No pussies who don't want to share; you don't have to tell us your birthday, just the song. For you old farts born before October 1952 use what the website calls your "life song", the #1 song on your 18th birthday (and fess up if you have to do so).

As for me, the #1 song on the day I was born was I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb [yuck]

Let's see who can top that stinker!

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/member/birthdayno1.php

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

In my case: "Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto"

Just a harmless, pleasant piece of quasi-Asian pop fluff. The song showed up on various radio stations for ten years or so afterwards. Actually, I didn't know it was that old, I thought it was from around 1968 or so.

At least it wasn't that 1906 Bolivian Indian, even though his tune is much cooler.

;D

Dog Hambone

I'll fess up first. I had to use what the site calls my life song because I exited the womb about a year earlier than the cut-off date. So my life song (the #1 song when I turned 18) is "Honky Tonk Women". I have to admit I'm pretty pleased about that! That's still a good tune today.   

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Birthdate: Duke Of Earl - Gene Chandler

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Genius In the Lamp

• Unofficial genealogist of pretty blonde daughters of Canadian mining engineers
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
I lucked out - "I Feel Fine" by the Beatles.

The older of my two younger sisters, on the other hand - "Honey", Bobby Goldsboro.

The younger of the two wound up with that great 70s guilty pleasure, "Brandy", by Looking Glass.  But I'm still light years ahead of both of them.  >:D
"I like very much your English punk rock stars, you know, your Lulu, your Dave Clark Five!"  - Jerzy Balowski

Offline Shemoeley Fine

I was born in 1950 so I pre-date the charts compiled on the provided site, sooooooo being curious I went to my archives and dug out the noted R n B charts(aka race music) published by Al Pavlow for Music House Publishing. The charts are based on the record industry charts of sales, assorted charts by consumer music magazines of the time as well as jukebox spins which were an essential element of a records popularity of that era.

For September 1950,  no dates available

Pink Champagne(has made a fool of me)     Joe Liggins & The Honeydrippers          Specialty Records
Double Crossing Blues                              Johnny Otis w/ "Little"  Esther Phillips     Savoy
Blue Light Boogie                                    Louis Jordan & Tympany 5                 Decca
Mona Lisa                                              Nat "King"  Cole                                Capitol

The Rock chart wasn't created until 1955, before that there was only the Pop chart

S F

Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That's a cheap cop-out. You're supposed to use the #1 song on your 18th Birthday for an exact date.

Well so far it looks like I have the shittiest song. Maybe we need some younger folks to try it out, I'm sure someone born in the 80's or 90's can top mine.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemoeley Fine

Shemps # 1 wrote <<< That's a cheap cop-out. You're supposed to use the #1 song on your 18th Birthday for an exact date. >>>>

I didn't know that, so doing as you suggested, mine came up for Sept. 1968, The (Young) Rascals's "People Got To be Free".  Hey, I like that song, after Good Lovin'-my favorite track by the Long Island based blue-eye soul group.

Good site Shemps, thanx for sharing it.

S F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
You Send Me - Sam  cooke ... not bad. Beats Andy Gibb all to hell.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"

Offline JazzBill

Its the 18th B-Day for me.   
"War" by Edwin Star------Somehow that seems pretty fitting. 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
9/13/90 = Release Me - Wilson Phillips

Damn, that's close. It might even beat Andy Gibb; I'd have to listen to listen to it again to make sure.

Offline Baggie

7th June 1986 - Spirit In The Sky by Doctor and The Medics. (In the UK)

In the US it was Live To Tell by Madonna.

Innit.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Stoop

Mine for July 1st '89: Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.

*gag*
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline JazzBill

*gag*
Here you go Jim , Milli Vanilli certainly trumps Andy Gibb. [sick]

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain

*gag*

Is that singing or acting?  [faint2]

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Pilsner Panther

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yep, I certainly concede the title of Crappiest #1 Song on the Day You Were Born to Stoop.

Let's see if anyone can top it.

Offline JazzBill

It's lip-synching, which is neither.

[thumbsdown]
And your point? Signed Ashlee Simpsonhttp://www.ebaumsworld.com/ashlee-snl-remix.html

Offline Bruckman

• Musclehead, juice addict, synthol abuser, and Booby Dupe
  • Birdbrain
9/4/64 = "The House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals. Never cared much for that tune, am surprised it wasn't something by the Beatles, since 64 was their year.

"Green Onions", by Booker T and the MGs, was on the charts that day too.

As for the luckless soul born under the sign of Milli Vanilli: this beats all in bad taste, even Jim's Andy Gibb themes b-day.
"If it wasn't for fear i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning" - Forrest Griffin

Offline locoboymakesgood

7th June 1986 - Spirit In The Sky by Doctor and The Medics. (In the UK)

In the US it was Live To Tell by Madonna.

Innit.
Heh, Happy late bday.. mine is July 7th, 1986. My song was Holding Back the Years - Simply Red. Don't know what's the song and what's the band.. I'm a big 80s music fan but I've never heard of either of these.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Simply Red was a really gay British band who had two #1 hits in the States in the 80's. The second was a gay cover of Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes' "If You Don't Know Me By Now" in 1989. The first was "Holding Back The Years", which some might remember for the refrain "I'll keep holding on...".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline JazzBill

Thats crap for sure, but I think Milli Vanilli still takes it.

Offline kinderscenen

Wow--US: I Can Help (Billy Swan)
UK: Gonna Make You a Star (David Essex)

I can definitely say with all of my years of listening to pop/rock music, I've never heard of either one of these songs.  The fact that I had no idea of the UK song is pretty odd--I'd always assumed that I was pretty "up" on UK pop/rock music.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I can tell you that David Essex had a hit in the US with "Rock On", but Billy Swan is new on me too. Lemme see what I can dig up.