Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Lost Stooges ?

Offline Wild Hyacinth

• Jack of all trades,Master of none.
  • Grapehead
I put the T.V. on this morning and came in on the tail end of an interview on a news show. What I believe they were talking about was a lost Three stooges episode or movie. I only saw the last couple of minutes of it so i'm not sure if they found one or are looking for one ?  Did anyone here the story? or did I totaly miss what they were talking about?

Offline garystooge

My guess is that you caught the tail-end of an interview with Steve Cox about his new book, "One Fine Stooge", during which they showed some clips from "The Three Stooges Scrapbook".
Gary

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I put the T.V. on this morning and came in on the tail end of an interview on a news show. What I believe they were talking about was a lost Three stooges episode or movie. I only saw the last couple of minutes of it so i'm not sure if they found one or are looking for one ?  Did anyone here the story? or did I totaly miss what they were talking about?

As Gary mentioned, Steve Cox was on FOX & FRIENDS this morning, and showed clips from THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK.

SCRAPBOOK was an unsold TV pilot, filmed in color, produced in 1960. Norman Maurer recouped the investment in the film by recycling much of it (in b&W) for THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT (1962).

In 1963, the original color footage was re-edited into 2 short subjects, and Maurer arranged for Columbia to distribute it to theaters on matinee billings.

- The first of the shorts runs 14 minutes; see filmography entry for details http://threestooges.net/episode.php?id=426 . Clips of that short were shown on the Fox show.

- The second short runs about 9 minutes, featuring a cartoon entitled THE SPAIN MUTINY, which Norm produced with Stooge animation designs he originally created to promote the original 1959 fan club. It includes live-action wraparound footage of the Stooges in the TV studio, and as 15th-century Spanish sailors; see filmography entry for details http://threestooges.net/episode.php?id=229 . (This concept of a cartoon with wraparounds was used several years later for the TV cartoon series THE NEW 3 STOOGES.) 16mm prints of the cartoon short subject are also rare, but they do exist; one was screened at the Fan Club meeting in 2005.

Anticipating the next question...
There are currently no plans to market either short on home video. If the copyright is still in force, C3 holds it. To the best of my knowledge, C3 does not have prints of SCRAPBOOK in any form. It is highly unlikely that C3's current management is willing to cooperate with anyone who does have prints.

Offline Wild Hyacinth

• Jack of all trades,Master of none.
  • Grapehead
Thanks for the reply. That clears it up. I was hoping that they did find some lost episodes,kind of like they did several years ago with the honeymooners.Oh well wishfull thinking. Thanks again

Offline 3Stooges