Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Looking for "Booty And The Beast"

Guest · 5 · 2111

Curley91

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a copy of "Booty and The Beast".  It is one of the few Shemp shorts I still need for my collection. 

Thanks.

ThumpTheShoes

I have this one on DVD, it is in PAL format from an Australian release. You'd need a PAL-capable player, but it's better than nothing!
Whaddya think?
-Robbie
ThumpTheShoes

xraffle

I'm not sure if you've obtained it yet, but I have this short. However, the quality is a bit poor. The picture is a bit on the blurry side and there is an audio speedup for some strange reason. However, it is uncut, uninterrupted, and is an NTSC format. So, it is better than nothing. So, if you're interested, let me know and I'll make the DVD for you.

ThumpTheShoes

Xraffle, did yours come from the bootleg set? I sent Curley91 a copy of mine and I thought you might be interested in it since it is quite a step up from the complete set version. The contrast in the print is still really blown out (probably the same source print, ultimately), but the image is very stable, suffering mostly from scratches and dirt. See the pics below:

(Screen cap from the bootleg set)

(Screen cap from Australian DVD release)

I converted this one from PAL to NTSC using TMPEng as the transcoder, and pitch-corrected the audio with Adobe Audition. It still plays 4% faster, but the voices sound right and nothing is missing.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

-ThumpTheShoes

xraffle

Yeah, mine is from the bootleg set. That is pretty much where I got most of the rare Shemp and Joe shorts. That was the one I was planning on giving to Curley91.