Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Best episodes

Offline 3Stooges

Dizzy Pilots is my all-time favorite. If I was introducing someone to the Stooges, that'd be the one I'd pick.

Pilsner Panther

Goof On The Roof is one of my favourites involving Shemp. I love the bit where Larry trips over the hose and goes head over heels!

I'll have to second that opinion! I don't know which is my absolute favorite Shemp short, "Goof On the Roof," "Gents In A Jam," "Crime On Their Hands," or "Scrambled Brains." You have to consider that Moe, Larry, and Shemp weren't exactly young men by this time, they were all over 50 and they were still doing the kind of hard slapstick that made the Stooges famous. Larry's pratfall with the hose is a perfect example... it sure looks like Larry himself and not a stunt double doing it!

Then there's the scene in "Gents In A Jam" where strongman Rocky Duggan picks Shemp up by the neck (!) and tosses him around like a rag doll. Not to mention Emil Sitka as Uncle Phineas, taking a very realistic-looking knee to the jaw from Dany Sue Nolan at the end.

Emil was of course the fourth Stooge. Oh, they all worked so hard to entertain people, you've got to admire that!

[thumbsup]

« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 07:13:46 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain

... it sure looks like Larry himself and not a stunt double doing it!

I watched "Goof on the Roof" recently and noticed that there definitely is a stunt double used in that shot.  The double's hair is brighter and the style is slightly different than Larry's.  Watch closely next time.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Pilsner Panther

... it sure looks like Larry himself and not a stunt double doing it!

I watched "Goof on the Roof" recently and noticed that there definitely is a stunt double used in that shot.  The double's hair is brighter and the style is slightly different than Larry's.  Watch closely next time.

Oh, that's like telling me that there's no Santa Claus! But you're probably right, I've wondered about that myself. The sequence is so well edited and the double is such a close match for Larry that it's hard to tell, though.

By the way, there is no Santa Claus, so there!

[gossip]

Offline jaronson

• Numbskull
  • Team Stooge
  • Birdbrain
LOL.  I'm Jewish anyway, so I never believed in Santa Claus, even when I was little.
Larry: Wait a minute, you forgot something. *SLAP* That’s what you forgot.   -TRICKY DICKS

Moe: This is a pool game, not a blitzkrieg.  I think I’ll invade you.    -I’LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN

Stanley Blystone: But my Fuhrer, ve are Nazis, ve have no brains.    -BACK FROM THE FRONT

2007 New York Giants: Super Bowl XLII Champions

Offline Malison_Howard

I like in Malice In the Palace where Moe and Shemp are eating at the table and they think Larry gave them the dog and cat to eat and the cat and the dog were really under the table but whenever they poked their food the dog or cat begged making them think the food meowed or barked when they tried to eat it haha! :D
Please come to my Three Stooges Message Board! We need members really bad since its new.

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Stooge_Message_Board

Offline Jasper

"Brideless Groom"...Emil's last delivery of "Hold hands, you lovebirds" makes me spew every time!  Jeez, was that guy a great straight man or what?  When he gets the pie in the face as Sappington in "Half Wits Holiday", and just deadpans his line....brilliant.

Jasper
Siddown!

Watts Dee Matter

My personal favorite is the woman haters episode, I think it's hilarious that they sing throughout the whole thing, and that everything rhymes, also the girl Larry marries, Marjorie White, is annoyingly funny...swing it ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 07:18:07 AM by Watts Dee Matter »

Offline wakkyjaky

Dizzy Pilots is my all-time favorite. If I was introducing someone to the Stooges, that'd be the one I'd pick.

Dizzy Pilots is one of my favorites too. My favorite parts is where Moe gets thrown into the tub of tar and Larry and Curly are tring to get the tar off of him and they fill him with gas and try to get him down off of the roof. My other favorite part is when Moe told Curly to saw the wings and Curly tries to correct Moe's English. Then Curly says oh I see I saw. Moe says not like this, like this and runs the saw over Curly's head. Curly's head bends the saw teeth.  Then the other part is when Larry and Moe are trying to start the plane and Curly wants a contract too and Moe tells him to step on the dotted line then clunks Curly on the head with the propeller. LOL!! That one is great. ;D

Offline wakkyjaky

My favorite has to be the "Cousin Basil" bit from Brideless Groom where Christine McIntyre beats the tar out of Shemp.

My favorite scene in that one is when Shemp is giving singing lessons to that homely girl who wants to marry Shemp. Her singing voice is so annoying that he slams the piano lid down on Larry's fingers and tells the girl to go home and gargle with razor blades. Also, the first part of the short where Moe and Larry's wives are driving them like slaves to get dinner on the table and gets the idea to get Shemp back for getting them to marry them.

Offline wakkyjaky

I like in Malice In the Palace where Moe and Shemp are eating at the table and they think Larry gave them the dog and cat to eat and the cat and the dog were really under the table but whenever they poked their food the dog or cat begged making them think the food meowed or barked when they tried to eat it haha! :D

I liked the part in the short where Larry is fixing the food and everytime the two guys at the table, Moe and Shemp hear the meat clever hit the chopping block in the kitchen they would hear an animal sound. Then Larry comes out chasing the dog and takes him back into the kitchen and procedes to chop again then you hear the dog make a noise everytime the meat clever hit the chopping block. It really sounded like he was chopping the cat up but the cat's tail got caught in the window when he knocked the stick out with his tail. So the men thought they were getting an dog and cat dinner. I die with laughter everytime I see that one.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Couldn't you have put all of that into one post?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline wakkyjaky

Yes, I suppose I could have but I was posting as I was reading the posts in the thread.

I am new and still trying to figure out how this message works. :-*

Offline wakkyjaky

My favorite Three Stooges shorts are:
Bird In The Hand
Mallice In The Pallace
Dizzy Pilots
Boobs In Arms
Bridless Groom
A Plumbing We Will Go
Loco Boy Does Good
Three Little Beers
Women Haters
Yes We Have No Bonanza
Men In Black
The one about Pop Goes The Weasel
No Census No Feeling
The one where they win money in contest and get hotel room and wreck it (Curly and Shemp versions)
Rusty Romeos (Shemp version)
And a whole lot more shorts

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You did it again! lol
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline wakkyjaky

You did it again! lol

Please be patient with me sometimes it takes me a few times to get used to how these message boards work. Thanks.  :)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Yes, I suppose I could have but I was posting as I was reading the posts in the thread.

I am new and still trying to figure out how this message works. :-*

I have to admit that I've done the same thing on other message boards, like LibertyForum.org.  I'll respond to something in a particular message, and then after I've posted my response I'll see another person's comment and end up posting another reply right after my first one. 

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You did it again! lol

Please be patient with me sometimes it takes me a few times to get used to how these message boards work. Thanks.  :)

Don't worry about it, I'm just yanking your chain.

larry

Hey, Dunrobin!  Liberty Forum rules - and my favorite 3 Stooge episode is "Punch Drunks"!  And Larry is my favorite Stooge - and W.C. Fields is my (sigh) hero.

:)

Larry

larry

Excellent!  It says I'm a "porcupine"!

Larry

larry

Hey, you guys!  This is a great website!  I love it!

The 3 Stooges (and W.C. Fields) rule!

I even put my pin on the map thing! I figured out how to do it all by myself, too!

Larry

Offline Jasper

This is a non-Shemp reply: "Three Little Pirates"

I'm sorry, but the "Maha" routine slays me every time; especially when Curly attempts to lean back on the table, and misses.  That's one of the funniest prat falls in all cinema history, IMO.

Jasper
Siddown!

Offline locoboymakesgood

When Christine nails Shemp with a hard right and knocks him backwards right through the closed door, that punch sure looks like it connects... either that or it's some brilliant stunt work by both of them.
She did knock Shemp out though. I can't remember where I read/heard about that, but Shemp said something along the lines of "Hit me as hard as you can!" and she knocked him out! Everytime I watch that scene I just think of her plummeting him to the ground.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline jc

Here are my favorite episodes.

Dizzy Doctors - The scene with the Stooges on the stretcher and Moe says welll open it wider and Curly says I can't.  I can't find the clutch

Spook Louder -  The scene when Moe asks Curly and then Lary does it say (meaning the morse code)

If A Body Meets A Body - The ending scene.  67 cents

Hold That Lion -  The scene where Shemp says something indecipherable when his head is stuck in a fish bowl and Moe asks Larry what he said and Larry says the same thing

Studio Stoops - Larry's password of open the door in the adversaries scene with Moe

Shivering Sherlocks - The scene with Moe reading who signed the checks.  Also when Shemp says to Moe I had a pipe (which was really a gun) in my hand and Moe says maybe its still in your hand and Shemp says no.

Offline CurlySteve

Disorder in the court.Is the funnest ever! ;D The judge went completely nuts.