The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

My Stooges Updated and Social Bookmarks Added

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
While working on the display problem for My Stooges last night, I got a brainstorm and realized that I should make it easier to add episodes to your My Stooges collection.  I've added a link on the episode pages, under the ratings in the upper right corner, and an icon on the Filmography and Alphabetical List pages that appears to the left of the episode title.  (The icon looks like a plus sign.  )  The links should appear if you are logged in; they open a popup window with a form to add the episode to your My Stooges collection.

While I was working on that, I got another brainstorm (two in one day!) and found a module for the forum that adds social bookmarks, like Digg, StumbleUpon, etc., to every topic, allowing users to share the topic to their favorite social sites on the Internet.  There are links to 30 different sites, so let me know if you find any that don't work and I will try to figure out what's wrong.  (I'm guessing that the ones on the forum should be okay, since I just installed a mod and not my own code.)   ;D

Then - in an apparent attempt to overload my poor, abused cranium - I had yet a third brainstorm and decided to add the social bookmarks to the episode pages.  In this case I hacked my own code into the page, and I only tested the few that I happen to use (like Digg), so definitely let me know if there's a problem with any of them.

Okay - that's probably it for tonight.  My brain hurts, and I seem to hear that bottle of rum calling me...    [skal]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I had yet a third brainstorm and decided to add the social bookmarks to the episode pages. In this case I hacked my own code into the page

The bookmarks cause some of the filmography pages to extend beyond the display's right margin. You have to use the scroll bar to read it all.

All together now... 1... 2... 3...

"Anything in his brain is a storm!"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
The bookmarks cause some of the filmography pages to extend beyond the display's right margin. You have to use the scroll bar to read it all.

Two questions:

(1)  Which browser (including version) are you using?

(2)  What is your screen resolution?  (800 x 600, 1024 x 768?)

It looks okay on my machine at 1024 x 768 or higher in both Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 7.   Hopefully your answers will give me an idea of what I need to modify to make them fit correctly.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
(1)  Which browser (including version) are you using?

(2)  What is your screen resolution?  (800 x 600, 1024 x 768?)

It looks okay on my machine at 1024 x 768 or higher in both Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 7. Hopefully your answers will give me an idea of what I need to modify to make them fit correctly.

Internet Explorer 7
1024 x 768

Example filmography pages displaying the problem on my screen...
4 FOR TEXAS, 50 YEARS WITH..., ALL GUMMED UP, ARABIAN NIGHTS

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
To be honest, I couldn't see that on my machine, even with IE resized to 1024 x 768, but I tweaked some of the styling tags and rearranged the icons into three rows of 10 instead of two rows of fifteen, so maybe that will do it.  Please let me know if you are still getting the scrollbar.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
rearranged the icons into three rows of 10 instead of two rows of fifteen, so maybe that will do it.  Please let me know if you are still getting the scrollbar.

Problem solved.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster