Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Larry's real name

Offline stoogerascalfan62

Since 1982, when I bought a book that I no longer have called The Stooge Chronicles, I've known Larry's real name to be Louis Feinberg, but Michael Fleming's 1999 The Three Stooges-An Illustrated History refers to him as LAWRENCE Feinberg. Though the name Larry is generally short for Lawrence, in the case of the Middle Stooge it's "soitenly" not the case. Maybe Fleming should've done a better job researching Larry's actual history.

Offline Squirrelbait

Yeah, I always thought it was Louis as well.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline The 4th Stooge

Greetings, fellow degenerates!

I seem to recall that Larry's name was actually Andrew (don't hold me to that!) but I KNOW that I didn't read it in any book, since it was around the time The Stooge Chronicles came out.  The only thing I remember is that it was someone who worked at the local Waldenbooks (I miss those...) that seemed pretty knowledgeable. I ran across the "Andrew" name as well as "Feuerstein" (or a reasonable facsimile thereof.) 

I'm fairly certain that this didn't come from Wikipedia, but I'll be darned if I can think of where I saw it.  Ancestry.com? Who knows?