Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2013-2014 NBA Thread

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Just as I expected, the Heat have woken up now that the games really mean something.

Have not seen all of the playoffs, but that was one hell of a game between the Warriors and Clippers yesterday. Anyone else watching?

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline JazzBill

Anyone else watching?

I watched part of the Heat game earlier today. I don't think a 7th seeded team has much a of shot against Miami. But, I do believe they can be beaten sometime down the road. I'm not a big Miami fan so I'm really hoping someone can stop them. The Bulls surprised a lot of people this year, including me. Most people thought after Rose went down and Deng was traded they would tank. They finished a respectable 3rd seed but I doubt they can get past the 2nd round.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Shemp_Diesel

As a Heat fan, one of my greatest fears was that the Spurs would make it back to the NBA Finals and that's what is taking place. The Spurs could very well be on their way to a 5th NBA crown, although I think if Miami is playing at the level they should be at, I don't know if anyone could beat them.

But the cakewalk they had going through the Eastern Conference is nothing compared to the hell San Antonio will give them...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

As a Heat fan, one of my greatest fears was that the Spurs would make it back to the NBA Finals and that's what is taking place. The Spurs could very well be on their way to a 5th NBA crown, although I think if Miami is playing at the level they should be at, I don't know if anyone could beat them.

But the cakewalk they had going through the Eastern Conference is nothing compared to the hell San Antonio will give them...
You are definitely prescient Diesel. I look for the Spurs to close it out tonight as the crowd will be even more insane, if that's possible. I have to thank Lebron for re-igniting my interest in the NBA....in a bad way.

I have never been a believer that coaches mean that much in team sports. Popovic has changed my mind. On paper I think Miami is the better team.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, no way in blazes will Popovich let a 3-1 lead slip away. But trying to look on the bright side, the Heat have won 3 World Titles in a span of about 7 years. I'm happy with that....

Offline Svengarlic

I'm intrigued by what will happen with James and Anthony this off season. Carmelo has made it clear that the triangle has too many sides and is leaving.  There was a lot of scuttlebutt last year about the Bulls, but  I'm a Chicago fan and really don't want his type of game further complicating what is already a bad experiment in chemistry.

Do you think James will return to Cleveland? I get the feeling that he is going somewhere.

I see it's game time. To be continued....

Offline Svengarlic

Tip of the hat to the Spurs. 4-1 beat down of the mighty Heat. It will be interesting to see in what direction Miami goes next season. 

Offline Svengarlic

Ok, so James did go back home and 'Mello stayed in NY. So what in the world are the Bulls going to do to become relevent?