Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

More tomfoolery with Metaldams and the Basement Dwellers

Offline metaldams

For you guys who enjoy half-assed jams, here's our cover of Diamond Head's "Am I Evil?"  We need a vocalist, and one of the guitar players needs to work on rhythm (with his back turned, I call him our Stuart Sutcliffe). Despite the out of tune beginning, my brother REALLY kicks ass at the guitar solo starting at 5:30 or so (don't listen to his comment about us playing it too fast), and that bass player does an awesome fill at 6:42.  What a handsome devil, even when he's out of hair spray.

Some of you guys have known me for awhile, so it's about time you see what I do for fun, warts and all.  Enjoy.

[youtube=425,350]ayJTlLASeR0[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

[youtube=425,350]CHv9KIRUGv8[/youtube]

Another video has been posted, and this is BY FAR the best performance.  It's not perfect, bear in mind we've only played this once, but for playing it once, not bad.  The one I'm serious about forming a band with is the lead guitar player, who's my brother.  The other guys, eh, maybe.  If any of you guys have comments, (other than we need a singer or to start writing our own songs, I know), like the mix, the performance, whatever, I'd love to hear them.  Positive or negative, I'm just looking for feedback.  I'm very proud of my bass behind my brother's solo at the end.  This may be a Metallica song, but I half composed/half improvised that line.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Waldo Twitchell

That was great, one of my favorites! I also play bass, and used a pick for many years but recently learned how to practice 'finger-style'.

Offline metaldams

That was great, one of my favorites! I also play bass, and used a pick for many years but recently learned how to practice 'finger-style'.

Thank you.  I just thought about it today, and I've been playing for 17 years!  I can't believe it's been that long.  The drummer in these videos was one of the guitar players I jammed with as a teenager.  In his early 20's, he taught himself drums. 

Two finger style is the only way I know how to play.  Can't play with a pick and I can't play guitar.  I'm capable of playing more than Metallica songs and so are the other guys, but that's all we learned together as teenagers, and when our tastes matured, we all went in directions.  I can't get the guys to do Beatles or Sabbath songs, and I'm not about to play Killswitch Engage. 
- Doug Sarnecky