Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Steve McNair, 36

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I think this is my first death notice after all these years.

In what is probably the saddest celebrity death of the past week or two due to it's very nature, former NFL Quarterback Steve "Air" McNair was murdered today. He played on Houston/Tennessee Oilers/Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4306275
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline falsealarms

I heard about McNair on the radio -- about the last thing I expected to hear. He was one of the better quarterbacks of his time, certainly one of the toughest. Boarderline HOF'er.

36 is way too young and he's the latest in a string of big name deaths lately.

Offline Stooges#1

Oh man, this is sad. What propelles someone to murder another human being? My thoughts are with his family.

Great player, equally as great person. Will be missed.

Offline locoboymakesgood

There's speculation it was a murder-sucide with his secret girlfriend pulling the trigger.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Dog Hambone

There's speculation it was a murder-sucide with his secret girlfriend pulling the trigger.

Yup, that's the story on the internet today. The police are saying his 20 year old "mistress" shot him in the head, then twice in the body, then once more in the head while he was sleeping. She then used the gun to kill herself.